HiRez Poll Di Meola, Al - CONSEQUENCE OF CHAOS [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Di Meola, Al - CONSEQUENCE OF CHAOS

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD from TELARC! (y) :phones (n)

Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD from TELARC! (y) :phones (n)

I like the Surround Sound mix on this one by Telarc's Michael Bishop. But the music itself is all over the map. Probably too avante garde for my personal taste.

I'll be interested to see what the other folks here have to say about this one.
(I'm more a fan of Di Meola's earlier SACDs musically).

Also, don't forget to pick up last month's Telarc direct to DSD Surround Sound SACD by Ann Hampton Callaway. It's excellent !

Finally had a chance to listen to this today. This is an excellent recording with tremendous fidelity and presence. The 5.1 mix is discreet and is used effectively to enhance the music. A wide soundstage with percussion and swirling synths in the rears. The bottom on this recording is warm and defined, enhancing the masterful bass playing of John Patitucci and Victor Miranda. DiMeola's playing is impeccable and complex both on acoustic and electric. The band is a virtual who's who of contemporary jazz players including Steve Gadd and Chick Corea (on 2 tracks).

I would prefer to call this exotic rather than "avant garde" and stylistically diverse rather than "all over the map." DiMeola has always delivered warm, lush tracks and this is no exception - progressive jazz fusion combined with world music(everthing from Santana style latin rock to Astor Pizzaiolla Argentinian tangos). For fans of Pat Metheny, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin, Carlos Santana, Weather Report, Jean Luc Ponty - technically challenging music played with the remarkable ease of master musicians. A 10(y)

It's pretty good, I liked it better than Flesh on Flesh. But what I really want is to have Soaring Through a Dream released on 5.1 SACD.

Relieved to hear this one is worth owning. I'm listening to the CD now at work and can only imagine how nice this must sound in surround. I'll probably follow up with Flesh, but I enjoy this record more as the production is better and there is more material to enjoy. I'm sure Di Meola's Japanese stereo-only SACD's are nice, too, but do I want to pay 3x as much for stereo? I wouldn't be a fan of this site if I did, right? :D

I like the Surround Sound mix on this one by Telarc's Michael Bishop. But the music itself is all over the map. Probably too avante garde for my personal taste.

I'll be interested to see what the other folks here have to say about this one.
(I'm more a fan of Di Meola's earlier SACDs musically).

Also, don't forget to pick up last month's Telarc direct to DSD Surround Sound SACD by Ann Hampton Callaway. It's excellent !

I bet if you was to a
spark up and spread out the highs, it will sound better.
nothing, beats a good "tweeter"

Would love to see a 5.1 version of Electric Rendezvous. Now that would be something! Have it on half speed master but 5.1 would be great. Haven't heard his newest stuff but I'm sure, like McLaughlin, he has given up the Les Paul/marshall distortion sound in his elevated age.

Rick

I bought this one during the "summer sale 2009", very good deal.
I liked the music of Flesh on Flesh maybe a bit more, but this one has probably a better surround mix and variety. Al uses his electric again, still does not forget the acoustic. Nice fusion of different styles (Jazz, Latin, Rock and World music).

Dug this one and "Flesh on Flesh" out tonight, and enjoyed them even more than I remembered. Very discrete mixes on both, some creative placement here and there and even a bit of motion (tastefully done). Excellent mixes indeed.

I gave "Consequence of Chaos" a 9, but like Ge Someone would give a slight nod to the music on "Flesh on Flesh". I don't want to hear these every day, but when I'm in the mood they are excellent.

Mark Z

I gave it an 8. IMO Flesh on Flesh was a more cohesive effort but Al definately put a lot of work in his music.

Now for dream/wishing; I'd love to hear a 5.1 version of Kiss My Axe.

Back