Music DVD Poll Diana Krall - Live At The Paris Olympia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "Diana Krall - Live At The Paris Olympia"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 - Poor Mix, Poor Picture, Poor Content

• Total voters
One of my absolute faves in terms of performance and sound. And let's face it, Diana Krall is nice to look at too. Great playing and beautiful DTS sound make for a great video experience. Looks great on my 55" Mitsubishi widescreen too.

I give it a 10

7 for me due to the sleep inducing material. I prefer the Montreal Jazz Festival DVD performance a lot more.

I like this one slightly better than "Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival" but the two are my favorite concert DVD's.

Chris

Saw her live many many years ago, at a very small venue. This brings back memories of the front seats we had, only about 6 feet from her. These days the only way to be that close is on this awesome disk! They all seem to be having a good time as well. I'd give it a 9. Now I'll need to pick up the Montreal Jazz Fest, as from what I read it is a bit more peppy...

Her style and playing is so intimate it's as if she's singing to you...a guy thing, I suppose, but I fell in love with her as of the DTS LOVE SCENES. Not for every taste, but her albums are a great way to just relax and enjoy the SOUND, drink it in, as it were....:cool:

ED :)

Saw her live many many years ago, at a very small venue. This brings back memories of the front seats we had, only about 6 feet from her. These days the only way to be that close is on this awesome disk! They all seem to be having a good time as well. I'd give it a 9. Now I'll need to pick up the Montreal Jazz Fest, as from what I read it is a bit more peppy...

Just wanted to add that I bought and watched Diana Krall's Montreal Jazz Fest. I may be in the minority but I much prefer Live At The Paris Olympia. I felt the quality of the recording was better both video and audio. And the musicians seemed to be having much more fun together in Paris. But thats what makes it cool, everybody has their own take.

Just had this on last night again and it really is true that the whole thing 'feels' intimate like you've just wandered into a club and the show's already got warmed up :)

Excellent !

~M~

This one has always been one of my favorites. Very immersive, discrete when it ought to be, during the solo moments with bass, piano and lead guitar - but most importantly, the sound quality is phenomenal. This one is part of a small group of concert DVDs that I think of as the best, such as the Steely Dan Two Against Nature disc, Fleetwood Mac's The Dance, (The) Eagles concert discs, ELO Zoom Tour and probably another one or two Elliot Scheiner-mixed shows that I'm forgetting. As an introduction to Diana Krall for a newbie, I'd say start here, and then go back and follow the music from the beginning...

Just wanted to add that I bought and watched Diana Krall's Montreal Jazz Fest. I may be in the minority but I much prefer Live At The Paris Olympia. I felt the quality of the recording was better both video and audio. And the musicians seemed to be having much more fun together in Paris. But thats what makes it cool, everybody has their own take.
I think both these concerts are excellent - what a difference from the snooze-fest she has been releasing for years now (I am very close to give up on her).

The Paris concert is the perfect disc for those who likes Diana best when she is doing old standards in a very tasteful, musical and fresh way. The Montreal concert is for those who likes Diana doing more outside her comfort zone, more blues, pop and original songs. This concert was recorded when The Girl from the other Room was her new album, which happens to be my favorite record of hers.

Back