HiRez Poll Dickinson, Bruce - Balls To Picasso [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso

• 10 - Excellent Surround, Excellent Fidelity, Excellent Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 -

• 8 -

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 7 -

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 6 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Contact

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2004 Silverline DualDisc release from Bruce Dickinson "Balls to Picasso" (n):phones(y)

Bruce DVD-A Front.jpg
Bruce DVD-A Back.jpg

From what I've read, Silverline discs can be hit or miss (sounds like mostly miss), but this album has some excellent metal songs (Tears of the Dragon, Kill All the Clowns) a good surround mix with discrete guitars, Bruce Dickinson's amazing vocals, and good fidelity (it sounds like some of the songs are at different volumes). An 8. Soooooo much better than Iron Maiden "Dance of Death" DVD-A!

Tears of A Dragon is a beautiful song, absolutely brilliant.

I went with a 7 here. Mixes are pretty consistent for the first 4 or 5 tracks, then become uneven from Laughing in the Hiding Bush, through the next several tracks.
Fortunately, Tears of the Dragon is a great mix.
This album feels much the same to me as Dance of Death. Very similar mixing scheme for most tracks. The drums are way better on this one though.
Highlight tracks are: 1000 Points of Light, Sacred Cowboys and Tears.
Any Bruce is better than no Bruce, but I'd have vastly preferred The Chemical Wedding in 5.1. Or even Skunkworks or Accident. These mixes do make this album more interesting, particularly in how the percussion is unveiled, but it's still one of his lesser solo records, to this Bruce fan.

Back