Did anyone here happen to see the Rush “Presto” tour? Surround PA Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doity

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I saw Rush in about 1990 on their Presto tour. Well, I had seen Rush literally every tour since about 1977 as they came through my town every tour. But......most of my friends and I had lost interest in the band since about 1982 and Signals. Was this the same band that did Bytor??

Anyway, I was surprised that the latest release (Presto) was a return to their more guitar oriented sound and was actually thrilled to see them for the first time in awhile. We had seats midway up the arena bowl and about midway from front of stage to where the bleachers started. I know that it wasn’t billed as being in “Surround Sound” or anything but I swear that there were numerous times during the show that some of their sound effects came from the back of the hall. And no, this wasn’t just the usual echo that you get in those concrete arenas, but was distortion free and very loud and clear. Can’t remember what songs it was but I do believe it was from their current LP as they had a whole stage show that corresponded with the new stuff. Large dancing rabbits and the like. It was a long time ago so I don’t remember all of the particulars.

Did anyone else see this tour and remember something like this or was it just a auditory illusion of some kind?

Back