• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Music DVD Poll DIDO Live - DTS DVD

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD of Dido - Dido Live

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2005 DVD release of Dido Live!

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
For those who like this artist, her new DVD release has a great DTS soundtrack. There is much activity in the rears. Listen to her hit "Thank You", and background vocals and audience sing alongs are firmly in the rears.

Attachments

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I just listened to this over the weekend and forgot how good the live surround mix was. It's got quite a bit of an "electronica" vibe in many of the arrangements. And as Jon noted the activity in rears is quite impressive for a live concert mix.

Spock

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Ordered the dvd after reading this thread - received it today. Great surround mix (there are so many bad surround live mixes - it makes me very happy when I hear a good one)!! A very nice disc, thanks guys :)

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The dvd cover says: Audio Mix: Bob Clearmountain :)
:worthy Audio Mix: Bob Clearmountain :worthy

Ordered! :D

Edit: A shame Mr. Clearmountain didn't remix Dido's first album into 5.1.. played to death in stereo it'd need a new spin to be, spun, again chez moi :eek:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Damn! I forgot I even wrote this thread! :confused:

Time to spin this disc again, whenever I can find it! :)

quattroatl

JonUrban and Quadrophonicquad forum comes through once again! I just got this disc and love the surround mix! With blu-ray concerts being the current standard format, we forget that there are some great dvd mixes out there.

Here are some of my favorite dvd mixes:

Portishead - Live in NY
Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
Nirvana Unplugged
Alice in Chains Unplugged
Pearl Jam Unplugged
Eric Clapton Unplugged
Plant and Page Unledded
Snow Patrol Live at Somerset House
Morcheeba - From Brixton to Beijing
Coldplay Live 2002
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere

Last edited:

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just received this today..as a bday gift for the Mrs. ...who is STILL in the Hospital...(and in Quarantine!!!! man, this is a bad streak for her!!!...an infection where her I.V. was, E Coli in her blood...geez...I'm hoping the Universe gives her a break! I'm really going bonkers!)

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just received this today..as a bday gift for the Mrs. ...who is STILL in the Hospital...(and in Quarantine!!!! man, this is a bad streak for her!!!...an infection where her I.V. was, E Coli in her blood...geez...I'm hoping the Universe gives her a break! I'm really going bonkers!)
kap, REALLY wishing your wife a speedy recovery......hopefully, she will be home VERY soon and can enjoy her B~day gift.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Oh man.. that's awful :(

Get well soon Mrs. kap :upthumb

Snood

Staff member
Kap man sorry to hear about the Wifey - will say a Snoody prayer for her tonight - Hope she gets better soon :snoodhug:

Last edited:

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thank you so much, ny gear fellow members and friends,,,yes, it sucks and I'm at my wit's end...hopefully we'll be both home enjoying this concert!!!!!

Luv you guys!

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Yikes kap'n! I missed the news buried in this Dido thread, but surely best wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery. Hope the DVD helps cheer her up!