Music DVD Poll DIDO Live - DTS DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD of Dido - Dido Live

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters
Hmm, this has taught me another lesson about buying into music I wouldn't necessarily buy without checking samples first. (We've currently got the first album, but I hardly ever play it.) There's definitely stuff in the rear channels other than ambience and crowd noise. I really don't like what's happenning at or near the bottom end on the DTS 5.1. It's much bass lighter on DD 5.1 on my system - maybe I've got a setup issue. There's something really unpleasant for me about that sound on either 5.1 stream. Also the video seems out of sync with the video (maybe a frame out) which takes away from what could have been a more immersive experience. The performance retains (at least some) stage chat about the songs which makes it more interesting for me.

(First of all, THANK YOU for your wishes for Mrs. krunch- she is MUCH better now, but still a bit delicate...)

Well, we watched it the other night and the mix, although , not spectacular, was very good (and much better than most concert DVDs), but what REALLY surprised us was Dido herself...her music is so sensitive and delicate (and we have 2 of her CDs, bought them back in the day , too),
and....
she's such a POTTY MOUTH!!!!!
(we both were gasping and going..."is THAT really HER??")

Quite funny, as it is...

I love this one. Never watched the whole show, though, I have to admit. Only listened. I buy music DVDs only for the surround ;-) I agree with the Kap'n, this is a beautiful performance, she has a great personality and always adds a little something to her songs in these live renditions. Plus, I very much enjoy the mix and sound quality. Way above average for a live set.

So glad your wife is better, Kap'n!!

Back