Music DVD Poll DIDO Live - DTS DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD of Dido - Dido Live

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2005 DVD release of Dido Live!

For those who like this artist, her new DVD release has a great DTS soundtrack. There is much activity in the rears. Listen to her hit "Thank You", and background vocals and audience sing alongs are firmly in the rears.

Attachments

• dido.jpg
    dido.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 363
I just listened to this over the weekend and forgot how good the live surround mix was. It's got quite a bit of an "electronica" vibe in many of the arrangements. And as Jon noted the activity in rears is quite impressive for a live concert mix.

Ordered the dvd after reading this thread - received it today. Great surround mix (there are so many bad surround live mixes - it makes me very happy when I hear a good one)!! A very nice disc, thanks guys :)

The dvd cover says: Audio Mix: Bob Clearmountain :)

:worthy Audio Mix: Bob Clearmountain :worthy

Ordered! :D

Edit: A shame Mr. Clearmountain didn't remix Dido's first album into 5.1.. played to death in stereo it'd need a new spin to be, spun, again chez moi :eek:

Damn! I forgot I even wrote this thread! :confused:

Time to spin this disc again, whenever I can find it! :)

JonUrban and Quadrophonicquad forum comes through once again! I just got this disc and love the surround mix! With blu-ray concerts being the current standard format, we forget that there are some great dvd mixes out there.

Here are some of my favorite dvd mixes:

Portishead - Live in NY
Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
Nirvana Unplugged
Alice in Chains Unplugged
Pearl Jam Unplugged
Eric Clapton Unplugged
Plant and Page Unledded
Snow Patrol Live at Somerset House
Morcheeba - From Brixton to Beijing
Coldplay Live 2002
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere

Last edited:
Just received this today..as a bday gift for the Mrs. ...who is STILL in the Hospital...(and in Quarantine!!!! man, this is a bad streak for her!!!...an infection where her I.V. was, E Coli in her blood...geez...I'm hoping the Universe gives her a break! I'm really going bonkers!)

Just received this today..as a bday gift for the Mrs. ...who is STILL in the Hospital...(and in Quarantine!!!! man, this is a bad streak for her!!!...an infection where her I.V. was, E Coli in her blood...geez...I'm hoping the Universe gives her a break! I'm really going bonkers!)

kap, REALLY wishing your wife a speedy recovery......hopefully, she will be home VERY soon and can enjoy her B~day gift.

Oh man.. that's awful :(

Get well soon Mrs. kap :upthumb

Kap man sorry to hear about the Wifey - will say a Snoody prayer for her tonight - Hope she gets better soon :snoodhug:

Last edited:
Thank you so much, ny gear fellow members and friends,,,yes, it sucks and I'm at my wit's end...hopefully we'll be both home enjoying this concert!!!!!

Luv you guys!

Yikes kap'n! I missed the news buried in this Dido thread, but surely best wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery. Hope the DVD helps cheer her up!

Back