Dionne Warwick "The Complete Scepter Singles 1962-1973" 3-CD Set (4/7/2023-Real Gone)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Description from Real Gone Music-
Very, very few artists have reached the heights attained by Dionne Warwick and the songwriting/production team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David on their historic string of hit singles for the Scepter label. Over the course of a little over ten years, Dionne scored no less than 40 charting Pop hits and 29 charting R&B hits for Scepter, propelling Dionne to a ranking second only to Aretha Franklin among female singers with the most chart hits in the rock era, not to mention five Grammy nods. More importantly, Warwick, Bacharach, and David brought a new level of sophistication to popular music…and by doing so, created some of the most indelible recordings of all time. However, despite its brilliance and lasting influence, there has never been a collection at music retail that truly captured this incredible body of work…until now. The Complete Scepter Singles 1962-1973 offers the A and B-side of every single Dionne cut for the Scepter label (with the bonus inclusion of her single for Musicor featuring the hit “Only Love Can Break a Heart”), all original, (mostly) mono single versions remastered by Mike Milchner of Sonic Vision from original tape sources and annotated by veteran music journalist and Billboard contributor Paul Grein. Among the 74 (!) tracks on this 3-CD set are some of the most hallowed sides in ‘60s pop, including “Don’t Make Me Over,” “Anyone Who Had a Heart,” “Walk On By,” “Message to Michael,” “(Theme from) Valley of the Dolls,” “I Say a Little Prayer,” “Alfie,” “Do You Know the Way to San Jose,” “Trains and Boats and Planes,” “This Girl’s in Love with You,” and “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again.” But really, pretty much every track in this collection is a masterpiece…and remember, the single mixes you’re hearing on this collection is exactly what folks thrilled to when they turned on their radio back in the day. A cornerstone of any pop music collection…and a timely tribute coinciding with the release of the new Dionne documentary Don’t Make Me Over. We are limiting this release to 2000 copies…don’t “Walk On By!”

Tracklist
[CD1]
1. Don’t Make Me Ever
2. I Smiled Yesterday
3. This Empty Place
4. Wishin’ And Hopin’
5. Make The Music Play
6. Please Make Him Love Me
7. Anyone Who Had A Heart
8. The Love Of A Boy
9. Walk On By
10. Any Old Time Of Day
11. You’ll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
12. A House Is Not A Home
13. Reach Out For Me
14. How Many Days Of Sadness
15. You Can Have Him
16. Is There Another Way To Love You
17. Who Can I Turn To
18. Don’t Say I Didn’t Tell You So
19. Here I Am
20. They Long To Be Close To You
21. Looking With My Eyes
22. Only The Strong, Only The Brave
23. Are You There (With Another Girl)
24. If I Ever Make You Cry
25. Message To Michael
26. Here Where There Is Love

[CD2]
1. Trains And Boats And Planes
2. Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
3. I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself
4. In Between The Heartaches
5. Another Night
6. Go With Love
7. Alfie
8. The Beginning Of Loneliness
9. The Windows Of The World
10. Walk Little Dolly
11. I Say A Little Prayer
12. (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
13. Do You Know The Way To San Jose
14. Let Me Be Lonely
15. Who Is Gonna Love Me?
16. (There’s) Always Something There To Remind Me
17. Promises, Promises
18. Whoever You Are, I Love You
19. This Girl’s In Love With You
20. Dream Sweet Dreamer
21. The April Fools
22. Slaves
23. Odds And Ends
24. As Long As There’s An Apple Tree
25. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling
26. Window Wishing

[CD3]
1. I’ll Never Fall In Love Again
2. What The World Needs Now Is Love
3. Let Me Go To Him
4. Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets
5. Paper Mache
6. The Wine Is Young
7. Make It Easy On Yourself
8. Knowing When To Leave
9. The Green Grass Starts To Grow
10. They Don’t Give Medals To Yesterday’s Heroes
11. Who Gets The Guy
12. Walk The Way You Talk
13. Amanda
14. He’s Moving On
15. The Love Of My Man
16. Hurts So Bad
17. Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head
18. I’m Your Puppet
19. The Good Life
20. Medley: Reach Out & Touch (Somebody’s Hand) / All Kinds Of People
21. Only Love Can Break A Heart
22. If I Ruled The World
1676106521362.png

Amazon US-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTHFV12Z/?tag=imwan-20Real Gone Music-
https://realgonemusic.com/collectio...he-complete-scepter-singles-1962-1973-3cd-set

Back