Displaying Quad, DVDA, SACD, DTS Logos in Kodi?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just updated the MusicVisualisation.xml for for Aeon Nox Silvo for Kodi 19.2 (which fixes a bug in the released skin for 19.2)

The Variables.xml had a minor change a couple months back

see post #59 in this thread (a couple posts before this) for the download link

Here's the Sony 360 Reality Audio logo... Hopefully this can come into action soon.

I used this one.

RA360.png

Updated my skin mod files today to fix the handwritten disc labels not being centered and text too big.

In my previous update I made the album cover and disc images smaller so to not to hide as much of the artist slideshow images. But I forgot to edit the handwritten code which made the text too big and not centered. Now fixed with updated files below:

This issue was reported by @LuvMyQuad last week I think it was.

For Kodi 19 and Aeon Nox Silvo 8: (Changed 2022-1-23)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15kP-iumMRZkk6-61qwbsNSI5umR7GQ8O?usp=sharing
EDIT: Updated Jan 23 2022

Last edited:
I finally got around to setting this up. I love it, thanks for the work!

Is it possible to have 2 logos side-by-side? For instance, Bluray logo + Atmos logo or Bluray + True-HD, etc. Or would it be easier to make my own logos and add/change variables.xml to point my custom logos?

Nice to hear you’re up and running and like it!

Getting two logos wouldn’t be easy. You could create a few ‘double logos’ and add a new set of rules to get them to show. Example: Bluray + Atmos logo when your album folder name has ‘(BDA) (Atmos)’ or similar.

My music library has five sub folders, under a root folder of ‘Music’)
Atmos
Quad
Surround (everything not Quad or Atmos)
Stereo
Concerts (music videos)

Example: My NAS root is ‘Music’ so my albums are in a path like this:
\Music\Quad\Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (BDA)

So I guess I could set a rule where the folder path contains ‘Quad’ AND contains ‘(BDA’) I could display the double logo ‘Quad BDA.png’ etc.

If you do create any double logos I’d love to get them and add to the logo set in my mod.

Cool, working on them now. I partially changed truehd.png font to white to play nice with darker backgrounds which seem to be the case most the time. Now that I think about it, maybe a grey would be a better choice since the inverse can obviously happen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 9.20.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 9.20.21 AM.png
    689.1 KB · Views: 0
I've been experimenting with the QQLogos, creating new .png files with multiple logos.
One of the conditional tests I want to do in the Variables.xml is to check if the value of a variable is greater than a certain value.

Simple example:
<value condition="String.GreaterThan(MediaPlayer.bitrate,44.1)">QQcodec/HiResAudio.png</value>

Is there a String command for greater-than and/or less-than comparisons?
Also, since MediaPlayer.bitrate (not sure on the actual variable name) contains numeric values, should Number be used instead of String?

Edit: Nevermind - got it figured out.

Last edited:
It depends on your definition of hires audio, but to me it’s lossless 24bit so maybe look for a bit depth of 24bit? All Dolby Atmos JOC is lossy Dolby Digital Plus at 48kHz (definitely not hires).

Kodi 21 (code named Omega) was just released a few hours ago so I’ll create updated files for this Kodi skin mod in next few days and post it here. That will be based on the Omega release version of Aeon Nox Silvo skin.

I've just updated post #22 with the QQ mod files for Kodi 21 Omega that was released last week and the Kodi 21 version of the Aeon Nox Silvo skin: @woody

Post with links to instructions, download the Kodi files and info on how to customise further here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...cd-dts-logos-in-kodi.26955/page-2#post-442130

I have also removed all file downloads for previous Kodi versions, as they are no longer supported by me.

I've added new code in Variables.xml to look at the Atmos codec and show either Atmos TrueHD or Atmos EAC3 - previously it just showed 'Atmos' (example below Kodi 21 with BDA Atmos rip playing):

1712546459577.png

I've just updated post #22 with the QQ mod files for Kodi 21 Omega that was released last week and the Kodi 21 version of the Aeon Nox Silvo skin: @woody

Post with links to instructions, download the Kodi files and info on how to customise further here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...cd-dts-logos-in-kodi.26955/page-2#post-442130

I have also removed all file downloads for previous Kodi versions, as they are no longer supported by me.

I've added new code in Variables.xml to look at the Atmos codec and show either Atmos TrueHD or Atmos EAC3 - previously it just showed 'Atmos' (example below Kodi 21 with BDA Atmos rip playing):

View attachment 104244
Thanks.

My intent is to install this mid on my NVIDIA device. I note the installation instructions refer to Linux and Windows.

I presume the NVIDIA is android based so I don’t know which option applies here?

NVidia Shield (from the Kodi wiki):

smb://<nvidiashieldurl>/internal/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons

Back