Displaying Quad, DVDA, SACD, DTS Logos in Kodi?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done another update to support the latest version of ArtistSlideShow 3.0 and the new Aeon Nox Silvo unofficial release to add ASS 3.0 support.

As of today you can only get the new version of Aeon Nox Silvo skin from its Github source. There's another thread here on Aeon Nox Silvo with instructions on doing that.

THX
Garry

Worked right away, very easy to just overwrite the 7.0.8 files with the new ones.

D0AC57F8-7A5C-4DE5-9F01-C6CD430C5728.jpeg

Last edited:
For some reason I can't get the bluray icon visible on some stereo folders, no idea why. Chicago for example, I have a main folder with all the album in it, and in there two folders with each album in both stereo and quad. No problem displaying the icon playing the quad folder. It looks like this:

Chicago - Quadio (2016 Blu-ray Box) -> 1976 - Chicago X -> Stereo BDA

I suppose it has to do with the word "stereo" in the folder name, cause when it's "quad BDA" the icon is visible.

Hey Ninecats,

Looking at the original list there is a rule for just BDA -

<value condition="String.Contains(Player.Folderpath,BDA)">QQcodec/BDA.png</value>

It's possible that if you edited the folder path of your Chicago albums to say Chicago - Quadio (2016 BDA) -> 1976 - Chicago X -> Stereo BDA it would then add the blu ray icon to every album? Or you could create another rule in the Variables folder to say

<value condition="String.Contains(Player.Folderpath,Stereo BDA)">QQcodec/Stereo BDA.png</value>

and then duplicate the png image with the title Stereo BDA.png

Just have to rescan if you edit anything or reboot if you add rules I think... Not currently able to check right now so just thinking in my head! :cool:

Or you could add another rule to the Variables.xml in the Aeon Nox Silvo addon folder (see earlier post) adding a rule for the text ‘stereo Blu-ray’ or whatever matches your folder name.

Of course, you’ll need to remember to make same changes next time a skin update is done.

You can easily extend the rules and add new/change the logos too. Just make copies as the next skin update will overwrite your XML files and delete the logos.

If anyone updated their Aeon Nox Silvo skin to fix the ArtistSlideshow 3.0 issue you may notice there’s two slideshows running (one in background). I’ve done a fix for that which I’ll post for the QQ logo mod shortly. Just copy the two new xml files into the Aeon Nox Silvo skin folder on your Kodi playback device.

I’ll post again here when ready.

Hey Ninecats,

Looking at the original list there is a rule for just BDA -

<value condition="String.Contains(Player.Folderpath,BDA)">QQcodec/BDA.png</value>

It's possible that if you edited the folder path of your Chicago albums to say Chicago - Quadio (2016 BDA) -> 1976 - Chicago X -> Stereo BDA it would then add the blu ray icon to every album? Or you could create another rule in the Variables folder to say

<value condition="String.Contains(Player.Folderpath,Stereo BDA)">QQcodec/Stereo BDA.png</value>

and then duplicate the png image with the title Stereo BDA.png

Just have to rescan if you edit anything or reboot if you add rules I think... Not currently able to check right now so just thinking in my head! :cool:
Thanks! That sorted it.
Now next thing, it worked flawlessly up until yesterday when suddenly no icons were visible. Maybe because of the skin update update and I just need to put the new XML files in the Kodi folders again I suppose?

You will need to copy the QQ mod xml files for Aeon Nox Silvo 7.0.9 (latest I updated about a few days ago) and recreate the QQcodec folder and copy the images again. A Kodi skin update deletes everything prior to installing the new version, it’s just the way Kodi handles addon updates. (You can set the Aeon Nox Silvo skin not to auto update).

Last edited:
Another update today. I've added a new 'Penteo' image and modified the QQVariables.xml to display the penteo.png file if the word 'Penteo' exists in the file path.

Thanks to QQ member Boondocks (Gerald) for the new logo!

Here it is in action when I play a Penteo Upmix in Kodi with the Artists Slideshow running:

The online files have been updated, just re-download and follow instructions to install

I've added a 3rd XML file (custom_1199_FullscreenMusic.xml) to the AeonNox8 QQ Mod that restores Auto Music playback in FullScreen mode for Aeon Nox 8 in Kodi 19 Matrix.

So copy all 3 XML files to your Aeon Nox Silvo addon folder, overwrite existing. Nothing is removed with this mod only added: Added QQ logos and channel info, Restores Auto Music Playback in FullScreen. There is no Setting - FullScreen is now forced.

For Windows Kodi users the folder to copy to is:
C:\Users\[Your Windows User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo

Back