Distorted voices with my central speaker

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugene

400 Club - QQ All-Star
When I watch a blu-ray movie with my home theater system, the voices come out distorted or muffled. I have a coaxial cable. The problem is not my speaker because it works correctly when I watch a movie on TV with my optical cable. Also when I watch a music concert blu-ray or DVD everything is fine with the vocals sound.

When I watch a blu-ray movie with my home theater system, the voices come out distorted or muffled. I have a coaxial cable. The problem is not my speaker because it works correctly when I watch a movie on TV with my optical cable. Also when I watch a music concert blu-ray or DVD everything is fine with the vocals sound.

check the volume controls on the AVR and the cable box.
If its like most systems each has one and the one in the cable box is digital. If that gets turned far down by mistake and you continue to increase volume on the AVR, you can get distortion. The cable box should also have a setting to provide a "fixed audio out" option in the settings. Set it to that and control volume with the AVR (or the tv).

It could also be the cable box is defective.

Back