DIY: QUADRAPHLANGE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow everybody, thanks for the great replies!

Yeah it's a pretty nifty intersection good way to describe it.
Musicians are Magicians. They have cool toys. Everytime I'd read a Craig Anderton article I'd start thinking how can I use that in my audio set up.

Yeah sort of . Match both channel's s as close as you can manually. Then shift clock speed just slightly off on one ch. You can get a swoosh up in 1 ch, swoosh down in the other. 555 chips are not xtal controlled so it only held for 30 secs or so.
I did not label any inputs as left or right, or any outputs such as left front or right back or whatever. I wanted more mindset flexibility that they could be patched in any way to suit the music.

In my senior high school year I took an electricity course that involved dad plunking down a few $ for parts & supplies to build class projects. Somewhere I read an article for ultra simple guitar fuzz box. It was really nothing more than a 1/2 wave diode in series between the guitar & amp with a switch to cancel it when not wanted. It didn't take a genius to see if you could switch select between 1/2 & full wave you'd get another choice of sound. Add a small filter cap switch in/out to smooth it a bit. And replace the overall SPST bypass switch with a pot to control the blend. I built the 1st one sold it to a wannabe band for $20. It caught on & eventually the project was minorly profitable. Everyone wanted to sound like Blue Cheer...
Sonik, man, separated at birth or what? I did the same thing selling fuzzboxes. Mine was from Pop Tronics though, and IIRC was an opamp driven to the rails to square the waveform, nasty. Mine was quite post-Blue Cheer, must have been around '76.

Sonik, man, separated at birth or what? I did the same thing selling fuzzboxes. Mine was from Pop Tronics though, and IIRC was an opamp driven to the rails to square the waveform, nasty. Mine was quite post-Blue Cheer, must have been around '76.

Oh dude that is hilarious to hear. You made my day.
You are a bit younger tha me I guess. I imagine you used a 741 op amp; in production but not wide circulation in '69 for me. It would have worked better than mine, not needeing .7V threshold to get the fuzz going.

Defacto band standard in my #realmidwest at that time was maybe a Kalamazoo guitar with a Silvertone amp. There was always a rich kid with a real guitar & a fender amp. He never bought a fuzzbox from me.

Back