do not ever ship your equipment to a tech - especially one in PA.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w.a.reid

500 Club - QQ All-Star
do not ever ship your equipment to a tech to do work - once he has it .. it is a hostage - when calls keep coming in about how much more $ it will take to get it better fixed - in this economy - it cant be trusted - my experiences are different than most - i trust people - and that doesnt work - when those calls come in for more money and and you already have paid to ship the machine - and what are you going to do ? just ask for it back - ? no - you trust the tech and then send more and more - and then when it shows up broken - ooooh its always the shipper - 'fed ex broke that' - so you get to have the tech start a claim for you or send it back - but when the tech says he will start a fedex claim for you - and then doesnt! what to do? send it back and get him to repair it ....shipping charges - again - a parts machine has to be found and paid for and shipped to tech - and then he repairs his poor packing errors - sends both machines back - and a new bill.

i have about 10 of those examples - and with some of the rambling he does on the phone - i can tell i am not the only one.

if you arent within driving range - then forget about it - i have learned that my repair costs often reflect the personal bills the tech has sitting in front of him. people are people - and when it comes right down to having money for food - the dark side takes over - im ditching quad - im ditching stereo - im ditching bozak - my heart isnt in it anymore - the gear i look at is like walking by and glancing at autopsy photos - i am repulsed and gives me chills.....better just to get it all out of my life.

william a reid

Great post, William. Care to name the tech? I am shuddering. Who can you trust these days? Autopsy photos indeed, you have a great way with words!

Back