Does anyone remember this game and the musical jingle they sold it with?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidiMagic

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
When I was in grade school in the late 1950s, we had a game called Tickle Bee. You used a magnetic wand to repel the bee around a maze. You had to pass the wand if the bee flipped over and attracted the wand.

There was an ad with a cute jingle on TV to sell this game and I know I have heard the same tune somewhere else. We all know how old tunes are "borrowed" by advertisers and given new lyrics.

Does anyone else remember the jingle and know the song used for the jingle?

I didn't know who else to ask.

I remember the game (one of my grade school friends had it) and the other game I always associated with it - Tumble Bug, and I remember seeing the commercial/ Unfortunately, I don't remember the jingle.

Doug

Funy you should ask that. (that is about a tune from ancient teewee history)

I recently posted this:

In the early sixties (63-64)there was a mens/boys hair schmear called Diablo. I got a bunch of sample tubes somewhere for free ( I think they handed it out at our Jr. High School) and liked the smell of it.
It was a clear gel. They had a commercial which included somebody from old times riding a horse. (a devilish rake)
The music sound track was very interesting and was sort of an earworm to me. It was classical music.
I asked my classical music trained mother what it was and she told me it was from Gounod's opera "Faust"
I listened to the opera and didn't really hear it. I didn't want to listen to the whole opera five times to find it and I thought I either missed it or maybe (my late sainted) mother was wrong.

But here we have Pablo de Sarasate's Violin Fantasy on Gounod's Faust. At time 4:05 (to 6:05) there it is. Finally figured out what that music was after 60 years.
Anybody remember that (non) greasy kids stuff and maybe the commercial?? I would bet no. I don't know how local the product was to St. Louis.

Last edited:
I do remember the last line of the jingle:

"Playtime's always fun with Tickle Bee."

Back