Does anyone still offer a multi-channel SACD player?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one does sound promising and will soon offer an upgraded model [possibly with 7.1 analogue outputs]

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/new-universal-player-magnetar.33245/
Don't think the price sounds promising. ;)
Indeed, It's yet another product from the Archisoft Group (Reavon and Zappiti) based around a MediaTek MT8581 chipset. But (in my opinion) at €1,599.00 (plus delivery) it's way too expensive, just like the Reavons!

Richer sounds in the UK, you pay 10% of the purchase price for the 6 year guarantee, if you don't use it you get your 10% back after the 6 years is up, it’s a win win
I bought from the Norwegian hi fi chain HI-FI Klubben, and if you're a member, at no cost, you get 6 year warranty on everything. :)

I bought from the Norwegian hi fi chain HI-FI Klubben, and if you're a member, at no cost, you get 6 year warranty on everything. :)
Richer sounds offer free 6 year warranty on tv’s and speakers, everything else is 10% of the purchase price which is always cheaper than anywhere else

Sad to report my Sony 800M2 has died this morning, thankfully it has a 6 year warranty so will return it tomorrow, I have a backup blu ray player that doesn’t play SACDs or DVD-Audio so that will have to do until the repair is done ☹️
That's disturbing for me as I have an X800 from before that. You could just buy another one I guess.

If they cant repair it i’ll get a new one as replacement, in it’s defence I use it for at least 20 hours every week, I guess most players give up the ghost after a certain amount of use

If they cant repair it i’ll get a new one as replacement, in it’s defence I use it for at least 20 hours every week, I guess most players give up the ghost after a certain amount of use

I remember lasers in players were usually good for 500 hours, but that was a decade ago, and I hope things have gotten better on that front. Also, that was for players in laptops / desktops (which no longer seem to part of home computers! My most current needs an external player / recorder).

I remember lasers in players were usually good for 500 hours, but that was a decade ago, and I hope things have gotten better on that front. Also, that was for players in laptops / desktops (which no longer seem to part of home computers! My most current needs an external player / recorder).
At a rough guess i’d say it’s lasted well over 2,500 hours up till now so not complaining, finding myself hoping it cant be repaired and I get a new one, is that bad 😀

I don't ever remember reading anything that said that. Even when CD players were first released (nearly 40 years ago).

Besides 500 hours would only equate to listening to 405no 74 minute CD's!
Same, if anything what I've read and my own anecdotal experience tells me the life of the laser is usually the last thing to be of concern, usually something else dies long before the laser calls it quits.

My first generation Sony X800 from 2017 still works great, although there was a scare I had a few few months ago where it seemed DOA. Leaving it unplugged for a while cleared something and I've had no problems since.
That seems to be a common problem with Sony players. I've experienced that same problem with several models, but unplugging it for a few minutes always cleared it.

With my Sony Vaio laptop from 2008 (still running Vista!) with a built in blu ray writer, I have written approximately 1000 DVDs. That being nearly all of Oxford Dickie's and Captain Beyond's output over the years.

That seems to be a common problem with Sony players. I've experienced that same problem with several models, but unplugging it for a few minutes always cleared it.
I’ve had a few issues with my Oppo 105 that cleared up,the same way, albeit temporarily. I believe I’ve traced the problem to a bad memory stick, but that’s not the same as knowing it was the problem.

With my Sony Vaio laptop from 2008 (still running Vista!) with a built in blu ray writer, I have written approximately 1000 DVDs. That being nearly all of Oxford Dickie's and Captain Beyond's output over the years.
I’ve probably burned several hundred discs of various formats with my home-built tower. Many, many Indy 500 TV broadcasts, including the radio coverage on Music DVD format.

Back