Does this guy have any clue?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fake news. Say what you want about Apple spatial audio, but at least they are making an attempt to bring some sort of surround sound to the masses...even if via those ridiculous looking wireless decorations hanging out of one's ears. One of my grandsons walks around with AirPods in his ears almost all the time.
Hopefully he's listening at appropriate levels. If not, he won't be listening to much of anything in 20 years. Pretty sure you know that, but does he?

Hopefully he's listening at appropriate levels. If not, he won't be listening to much of anything in 20 years. Pretty sure you know that, but does he?
Actually there's an excellent built-in iPhone app for that, gramps.
Even with a locked phone, one swipe up shows you a meter that goes yellow above 78 dB.

IMG_0866.jpeg

I've found with airpod pros, using their excellent noise reduction, even with wind noise on a bicycle ride, anything much above that is uncomfortable, as this seven-day graph shows.

IMG_0855.jpeg

There are some damn good reasons why they've sold over a hundred million.
Be grateful he keeps that ramalama-ding-dong stuff they call music to himself. 🔊 :LOL:

Another thought I had on this topic. Quad/ multi-channel music is more natural than stereo. I am recalling a specific concert I attended in Central Park during the 1970's. Schaefer beer concerts in Central Park NYC were in an amphitheater, and the admission was only $2.00. For that price one could see some of the best popular music of the time. This one time I saw Billy Cobham/ drummer with his own band. There was one drum solo where Billy Cobham utilized the natural reflective echo of the outdoor concert and made that part of his solo. This was an extreme example of how the artist would utilize the natural reverberation of their concert arena and actually play outside of the limited stereo set up.

Back