Dolby Atmos Music on Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it! Does anyone who knows this band (I don't) know if it's likely there will be a US vendor?
They had a hit way back in 1985 with “Oh Yeah” which was featured in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. A few years(2) back they released a live Blu Ray with an excellent surround mix “Live in Berlin”

I always liked their song "Desire" off Stella. It was featured in the Ed Oneil (Al Bundy fame) movie Dutch. I'd be interested in hearing their music in Atmos.

I'm not crazy about the prices of these Amos Bluray albums, though. $30-32 is a lot for a music only album (plus shipping from Europe in many cases as some of these bands aren't very big in the US.). I always thought $15-18 was outrageous for CDs in the '90s and that's why I joined a record club. Most streaming albums (if you buy them; renting seems to be the in thing these days) are around $9-12. A CD costs like 12 cents to make in bulk and 50 cents for a few hundred at a time. I can't imagine blurays cost that much more to make. I think they're just trying to soak the higher end market due to low "sales" in general, but it just pushes more people to things like Tidal that now has Atmos titles.

Ambra - Prism of Life: a title already released before on 5.1 SACD, but now available as BD-A with both Atmos and Auro-3D mixes.
1605990036154.png

Last edited:
I search "Ambra Prism of Life Bluray" on the USA Amazon and it comes up with picture frames and knick knacks and a modified search turned up tupperware (I kid you not). Finally putting just "Ambra" with "Prism of Life" in quotes brought up the album on Amazon Music no less (i.e. they don't even let their own EXACT MATCHES in their own music store come up before other things if no one buys it.... Ridiculous. If I meant "Umbra" or "Picture Frame" I would have said so. I hate search engines too anymore for that reason (all corporate prioritized garbage now; someone could easily replace Google if they used different priorities, IMO. Bing uses almost the exact same matches so it's no different....)

The original audio CD also show up as "Unavailable". Lovely. Amazon.de doesn't have it either. I hate registering to a half dozen foreign sites for one item.... I better preview the music first. (e.g. A site in France has Michael Douglas "The Game" on a new special limited edition Blu-Ray with Auro-3D soundtrack. About $45 US. But then the shipping is like $47.... Ridiculous. I'd love to hear the Auro-3D soundtrack but not at $92 and I don't think it's even 4K!)

Edit: I checked out some of Ambra. It oddly reminds me of Lichtmond.... (just got my last Lichtmond in today of the four).

Last edited:
I guess it doesn't matter anyway with Ambra - Prism of Life seeing as GROBI.TV apparently won't ship to the USA (not on the country dropdown, just EU countries).

I even tried PayPal and it was going to process it and said "Local Pickup Only". Yeah, I'll fly to Germany and pick that up.... Right. Any company too lazy to ship stuff to paying customers deserve to go out of business, IMO. I remember ordering CDs from Japan in the 1990s and they were happy to ship them here. They cost about $43 each, but some of those albums were worth every penny (e.g. Soundtracks from the Heroic Legend of Arslan by Norihiro Tsuru for example. Just awesome music).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: PK
I just ordered Kraftwerk 3D, Schiller - Morgenstund and Booka Shade - Galvany Street Atmos mixes from Amazon UK. I hope they're awesome.

They are and you won't be disappointed. You should also consider getting Booka Shade's more recent ATMOS release 'Dear Future Self'. It's the most outrageous ATMOS mix yet, IMO.

Cheers 🍻

I just did a quick google search and it's showing in stock at Amazon for $18? Seems too good to be true. I think I paid close to $30.

It shows 23 + $4 shipping here, but the link took me to the US Amazon site. I paid £14.86 from the UK Amazon plus shipping (£22.86 total) a couple of months ago, but then that has the VAT taken out since I'm in the US.

It shows 23 + $4 shipping here, but the link took me to the US Amazon site. I paid £14.86 from the UK Amazon plus shipping (£22.86 total) a couple of months ago, but then that has the VAT taken out since I'm in the US.

Aargh. Effing Amazon and their pricing algorithms. I had a tab open for half an hour showing it at $18 plus shipping. I added it to my cart and presto! it had magically increased to $23.

Back