Dolby Surround CD's - What's Your Latest?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

surround.sound.enthusiast

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Yep Q Linda , I have to catch up with more of their Jazzone and Blues CD'S . Also the few that were available on DTS CD .
Like an idiot I sold off my 2 Junior Wells albums "Come On In This House" and "Best Of" .(both were Circle Surround)
As you already hit on Fizzy, Telarc certainly kept the dream of surround sound alive through the years, trying nearly every modern method: Spatializer, Shure Stereosurround, Circle Surround, Dolby Surround, DTS-CD, DVD-A, and SACD! And now you've even pointed out another, "Roland Sound Space System" - previously unknown to me.

I've actually managed to pick up Junior Wells' "Come On In This House" in Circle Surround and SACD in the past few years, and it will be interesting to compare the two once I'm able again.

surround.sound.enthusiast

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Umm, does this technically count as a Dolby Surround "CD"? NO. But it os my first surround encoded cassette. I never look at cassettes any more, but happened to recently, and there it was.
Solitudes cassette cover.jpg Solitudes cassette proper.jpg

This one is a CD however, still sealed, and a mysterious "Compatible Surround Sound". The other DMP I own is Circle Surround, so I'm guessing the same here. Find out when I open it. I love Ellington so I hope the interpretations are true, and in surround to boot.
DMP Big Band Salutes Duke Ellington front.jpg DMP Big Band Salutes Duke Ellington rear.jpg

Attachments