• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Dolby Surround CD's - What's Your Latest?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Mark Anderson

Andreas Vollenweider
Discogs has several described as multichannel Dolby surround CD. Anyone heard these?
I remember liking one of his 80's releases.
The 3 Andrea's CD's I have seen that list dolby surround were issued in only one country which makes me suspicious. Check the Dolby surround discography

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Andreas Vollenweider
Discogs has several described as multichannel Dolby surround CD. Anyone heard these?
I remember liking one of his 80's releases.
Nope, none that I know of....
OTOH, most of them decode great in faux surround; DPLII, DTS X Neural...

5.1 4 Life

Bruford's Feels Good To Me & One Of A Kind are the latest DVD Music with Dolby Surround discs in my collection and I'm enjoying both of them. I think the 5.1 & stereo remixes (while very different from the original mixes) give both albums a "warmer" sound than they've ever had.

Last edited:

doity

Tomita “The Planets”.

7983DA58-6C93-41C3-9BCC-3C5345F0EF9E.jpeg

This is the first title that I have run through my new Fosgate Model Four that sounds truly discrete. Yes, other titles have a lot of stuff moving around and there is a definite “Surround” effect going on, but if you isolate the back channels you can hear that what you are getting is just a blend from the fronts and maybe the odd instrument or two moving to the back(s). With this one the backs are truly discrete with very little if any bleed from other channels.

These RCA / Victor Dolby Surround CD's seem to sneak by. I was totally unaware of them until a month or two ago when I was alerted to the Mancini ones. Now I know what to watch for with regards to spine art. But, I didn't know about these Tomita's too! Another batch of discs to watch out for now ;).