HiRez Poll Doobie Brothers - CAPTAIN AND ME [DVD-A/SACD-JAPAN]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Doobie Brothers - CAPTAIN AND ME

• Total voters
very interesting! where did you discover the Quad was mixed by Templeman & Landee? i couldn't find any specific credit on the CD-4 sleeve.

Oh, I simply repeated it from some old thread I read on here. I was under the impression Landee & Templeman did all four Doobies quads. I'll correct my post...

Oh, I simply repeated it from some old thread I read on here. I was under the impression Landee & Templeman did all four Doobies quads. I'll correct my post...

now.. a hazy recollection just sprang to mind of a QQ-er posting once to the effect Lee Herschberg did the Doobie Quads! let me look into that.

edit: it was me!! haha!! :ROFLMAO:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-quadio-edition-yes.23088/page-12#post-373635
mere speculation on my part, take it with a large pinch of salt! šŸ˜

Last edited:
I voted 10. Man, I am really behind on votes. This DVD-A that I own is maybe my first DVD-A purchase and I never looked back. When somebody comes over I always pull out a few, well now there all ripped, usually Metallica and The Captain And Me, so in my house this is a reference disc, just awesome.
DVD-A's are my favorite overall discs and I highly recommend this. According to my Amazon account I purchased this 2/14/15 and there was talk even then about a Doobies Quadio. My advice buy this ($89.00 now used), because you never know.

After a little prodding I bit the bullet and found a sealed SACD on Discogs and I'm so glad I did! You guys were right. This goes in the mix with Gaucho and Avalon for demo discs. Great fidelity and the mix is everything I expected from an Elliot Scheiner project. Back in the mid 70's I car pooled with a guy who had this on 8-track and we always seemed to be listening to it. And now 45 years later, I'm still listening to it; only in a way that would seem incomprehensible back then. I have to give it a 10. Now, bring on that Quadio set!

Back