HiRez Poll Doobie Brothers, The - QUADIO [Blu-ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of the Doobie Brothers - QUADIO

• Total voters
I have a Yamaha RX-A3080. It will take take 4.0 from the Oppo 105 but not the Sony X800m2

It will be a while before I receive this set, but for kicks I tried the WYWH BDA in my PS5, it outputs the 4.0 track no problem, even shows 4 channel 96kHz LPCM on the OSD. Oddly the Yamaha still shows the incoming signal as 3/2/0.1, but nothing is playing from the center. I suppose I have the PS5 as a backup if the X800 doesn't like the Quadio set. Funny that a game console is more flexible than Sony's own universal disc player. I'll try not to derail this poll thread any further.

It will be a while before I receive this set, but for kicks I tried the WYWH BDA in my PS5, it outputs the 4.0 track no problem, even shows 4 channel 96kHz LPCM on the OSD. Oddly the Yamaha still shows the incoming signal as 3/2/0.1, but nothing is playing from the center. I suppose I have the PS5 as a backup if the X800 doesn't like the Quadio set. Funny that a game console is more flexible than Sony's own universal disc player. I'll try not to derail this poll thread any further.
Welcome to QQ!

I received this set a couple weeks ago and have had a chance to listen to all 4 at least once. They all played perfectly fine in 4.1 from the Sony X800 to my Yamaha RX-V1081. I have always liked The Doobie Brothers but admittedly only knew the hits from the "Best Of" compilation album, but there are many other great tunes across this set. I only have a small multi-channel collection (maybe 15 titles) but I am stunned by the quality of these, the clarity and channel separation are as good as anything I've tried. This is a screaming deal at $60 if you can get your hands on it IMO.

Thought I'd missed the boat completely on this, but was amazed my bid of 39.99 won this set recently.

I'd already been blown away by the Sabbath quadio disc, but I was very familiar with that album.

I only had a Best Of Doobies, so a lot of this material was new to me, and how fantastic is a lot of it?! How I've never investigate them further in the past, I don't know.

Fidelity is fantastic, and for 50 odd year old mixes, they sound as impressive as some recent blu ray audio Atmos ones.

If you get chance to get this at a reasonable price, go for it without hesitation.

Thought I'd missed the boat completely on this, but was amazed my bid of 39.99 won this set recently.

I'd already been blown away by the Sabbath quadio disc, but I was very familiar with that album.

I only had a Best Of Doobies, so a lot of this material was new to me, and how fantastic is a lot of it?! How I've never investigate them further in the past, I don't know.

Fidelity is fantastic, and for 50 odd year old mixes, they sound as impressive as some recent blu ray audio Atmos ones.

If you get chance to get this at a reasonable price, go for it without hesitation.
10 bucks per disc? You really did luck out.

This set sold out in the US a while back, and UK site was running low 5 weeks ago, I'd expect it to be all sold out now.
But prices have been rising on the set to over a "C" note as of late anyway.

Back