Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

bktouchstone

Geez, I've been locked out of this forum for months now. Something about my email address... which there was nothing wrong with, so I just re-logged in with another email address. Anyway. I went with a 10. I now have all of these albums in quad, the Mobile Fidelity SACDs, and the old Captain and Me DVD-A. I guess you could say I'm covered.

EDIT: Oops, just realized I'd already voted in this thread months ago!
I have had the same thing happen a couple of times. It’s some sort of glitch. You have to contact angie@groupbuilder.com and she will fix it for you. It doesn’t guarantee it won’t happen again, but she is able to get you back in.

cornwall198

QQ Supporter
Ok then - had a great weekend listening to this lot. 7.1? Great. 5.1? Greater still. Then closed down the sub (as advised on slip note in the box), and the center - just the four main speakers set to large. (2 B&W CM 10s up front, 2 CM 9s behind). And WOW! Just incredible sounding. Oh I know - the obvious answer. But no sub, no center, no back surround - and the music and mix just come right into place. What splendid fun. Had to double check that the sub was off so convincing was the bass. Same with the center - it really sounded like I hadn't disabled it so convincing was the center image. And the crispness of everything else. Wonderfully integrated and brilliantly discrete - killer combination. You know it is working when the musical experience stops the tinkering and seduces you into just listening... Unambiguous 10 for me!

tezzalavell

Well my 2nd post . Gotta say the immersive sound and warmth . Yes warmth , didn't know my system had it in it !! The surround sound unbelievable and the crispness of instruments, amazing. Now I am going to tell you why I am only going to vote 9.

Only knew the popular songs, LTR , LTTM , CG , BW etc . I was more familiar with the Ronald McDonald years. Mix and fidelity, sonically top marks all the way . The content is good as well apart from the vocal aspect. In a lot of the songs (the out and out rockers, lots of them) the vocals are buried and unclear so much I was running for my iPad and checking the song lyrics . I am a 5.1 man not sure whether quad suffers from having a phantom centre but I did and so docked a mark.

9 only from me . Pineapple Thief – Versions of the Truth just arrived so that will be my next review
Well an Update from me on this . As I said vocals were buried so could not and still will not give a 10 . Still a 9 because you vote on what is put in your hands. So now I have to apologise especially to all you quad purists . I took what was in my hands and threw it through Auditon centre channel extractor and gave myself a vocal centre channel . Now I can hear the vocals much more clearly. A lot of work on 4 albums ( most I had to add a centre). Very satisfying for me , again sorry to you guys !

RelentlesSausage

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

I usually don't swear here cus I feel like y'all don't appreciate that here, but DAMN. This is such a great set of albums and content. Each of the mixes are top tier quad mixes with fidelity that beats out most 5.1 mixes. Totally blown away by the quality of the tunes and the mixes. I wasn't expecting to like the other albums besides The Captain and Me but they're all just really great straight up rock music. It's honestly pretty impressive how well they're able to craft just great they are able to just craft straight up rock music.

I don't think there's much else I can say that hasn't been said.

Buy this, please!!!

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
...I usually don't swear here cus I feel like y'all don't appreciate that here, but DAMN...
Nice review, Relentles. Glad you like the set. I think that judicious use of swear words is tolerated here, especially in this case where you’d probably like to rate something a 12 of 10. (Or perhaps where a release pisses one off so much that a “1“ is a generous score. :cautious:)

Last edited: