HiRez Poll Doobie Brothers, The - QUADIO [Blu-ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of the Doobie Brothers - QUADIO

• Total voters
Apologize if this is wrong place to ask this question (if so, please point me to the right one)... I recently purchased an OPPO 103... using it to connect to old Onkyo TX SR-674 via 7.1 analog... my limited collection of SACD/DVD/BDs all play well... Just wondering if that player can handle the quad format of this set? Thx in advance for any advice.

Apologize if this is wrong place to ask this question (if so, please point me to the right one)... I recently purchased an OPPO 103... using it to connect to old Onkyo TX SR-674 via 7.1 analog... my limited collection of SACD/DVD/BDs all play well... Just wondering if that player can handle the quad format of this set? Thx in advance for any advice.
Your Oppo will handle the quad format like a champ. You'll simply have no center channel, nor subwoofer. You'll probably find you don't need them with this box set.

I have that set and it works fine on my 103. Weirdly though my avr850 does not like AT ALL the pink Floyd quad mixes on blu-ray audio . Arcam say it’s known issue

I have that set and it works fine on my 103. Weirdly though my avr850 does not like AT ALL the pink Floyd quad mixes on blu-ray audio . Arcam say it’s known issue

Analog outs, like the person you replied to, shouldn't be problematic?

This set sounds fantastic but I can't tell if it's because of the Oppo I use now or the disks, it seems like everything that I listening to sounds better than the Pioneer I used to use.

There should be no problem. The audio format is DTS, and your player will decode it and send it along to your receiver through the analog multichannel inputs.

Thx to all who responded to my Quadio Disks->oppo103->Onyko674 via analog question... Box arrived today - only had time to listen to first three songs on first disk... one word: WOW! If the rest of the songs/disks sound this good, it'll be a 10 from me without question.

Im a bit worried about my setup, however... My system is old (obviously from the 674) and so are my inexpensive speakers... Polk R50s for F, Polk R30s for SB and R15s for S... While inexpensive, theses speakers have provided this old fella with years of enjoyment, even whilst pushing the Onyko... the smaller R15s are used for Surround L/R cause I mostly listen to 5.1 and I was under the impression this was the correct setup... I may need to rethink that with this quad set, since I was pushing those little R15s pretty hard - they sounded great on Rockin Down the Highway (opening guitar rift in the right rear!)... just worried about pushing them too hard.

Thx to all who responded to my Quadio Disks->oppo103->Onyko674 via analog question... Box arrived today - only had time to listen to first three songs on first disk... one word: WOW! If the rest of the songs/disks sound this good, it'll be a 10 from me without question.

Im a bit worried about my setup, however... My system is old (obviously from the 674) and so are my inexpensive speakers... Polk R50s for F, Polk R30s for SB and R15s for S... While inexpensive, theses speakers have provided this old fella with years of enjoyment, even whilst pushing the Onyko... the smaller R15s are used for Surround L/R cause I mostly listen to 5.1 and I was under the impression this was the correct setup... I may need to rethink that with this quad set, since I was pushing those little R15s pretty hard - they sounded great on Rockin Down the Highway (opening guitar rift in the right rear!)... just worried about pushing them too hard.
IMO you should swap your surrounds and your backs. My backs get way less work than my surrounds.

Yeah i agree w baggieboy u should switch speakers around.
Im using polk audio Rti a7 Front Polk audio 60 monitors as sides in 5.1
Use ur bigger n better speakers for the sides im only 5.1 though not 7.1

On my 2nd listen now, like a few here i’d only heard the hits before this, my mind is blown, i’m an old heavy metal and prog rock fan but oh my god this music transcends all boundaries, this set confirms to me that I prefer quad to 5.1, if all music was this good in surround i’d have no money for anything else ever again. Hard to believe these albums are close to 50 years old since they sound so fresh, an easy 10 for me

Hello, new member here and a similar question as above. I would love to buy this set but worried I can't play the 4.0 mixes. Has anyone successfully played the 4.0 mixes from a Sony UBP-X800? I was unable to output the 4.0 mix from the Wish You Were Here BDA. From my other reading on this site it seems the X800 would be the problem, not my Yamaha RX-V1081 AVR.

Back