Comments Inspired By Doobie Brothers, The - QUADIO [Blu-ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The poll is for us, as listeners, to express their opinion to the sonic quality I think and NOT the content. I just don't think it is worthy of a high rating in the sonic regard. Maybe it's my equipment or my ears but that is my rating/opinion and I stand by it. I realize on here if you have nothing good to say about a release, you should not say anything. I am sure there are others that feel the same way and they sit on their hands.
I am not the biggest Doobie Brothers fan but I saw them the first time at a free concert in May of 1973 along with many other groups...Jimmy Buffet was another.
Just out of curiosity Of all the multi channel recordings you own, which is the best to your ears?

The poll is for us, as listeners, to express their opinion to the sonic quality I think and NOT the content. I just don't think it is worthy of a high rating in the sonic regard. Maybe it's my equipment or my ears but that is my rating/opinion and I stand by it. I realize on here if you have nothing good to say about a release, you should not say anything. I am sure there are others that feel the same way and they sit on their hands.
Sorry about that. My example of why people get flack is based on what I have seen. I did not know that you had dropped a low score until your response.
I think the scale is a bit off but understand the impossibility of changing it and breaking historical value.
I would like the 2nd post in each poll to be a sticky with the expectation on how aspects of the release should be considered, rated and then totaled.

I am not the biggest Doobie Brothers fan but I saw them the first time at a free concert in May of 1973 along with many other groups...Jimmy Buffet was another.

I have Doobies Best of on vinyl too and it sounds great. This band always had excellent production which carried over to this quad release. I also have listened to the reel to reel quads which are amazing also.

You don't mention what you don't like about it so I will agree with you and blame your ears and/or system.

All respect to your take on this, just curious as to what exactly turned you off on the sound quality of this?

I purchased this Quadio and sold it. Not sure what everyone else hears but I realize on this group to criticize something that the majority praise is not accepted.
The sound is terrible .. period.
Everyone is wondering what you don't like about it. You are entitled to your opinion but most others think that the sound is fantastic, just curious to know what do you find wrong with it? Could you please be more specific. I tend to agree that the polls should be more about the mix and sound quality, but these polls have always been about content as well. I've always said that the posted comments are worth far more than any poll number!

Finally this has landed in Sweden. I can’t really complain about the delay given the Covid situation. And all good to those who wait... now I need to find the time to sit down. Really excited!
Sometimes you just have to make the time. Do it; it will be well worth it.

I purchased this Quadio and sold it. Not sure what everyone else hears but I realize on this group to criticize something that the majority praise is not accepted.
Curious to know what you think is terrible ?

To me these sound like excellent transfers of the original quad mixes.

For sub optimal check the Rick Wakeman official releases and Black Sabbath's Paranoid, or kitchen sink production then ELO quads

I remember you now...you are the self anointed expert on ELP and other topics and top bootlegger...members just need to scroll down a few posts to see what you are...go down and read the responses to post 1318

Last edited:
It should absolutely NOT be that way. I would hope that everyone should feel free to express their opinions here without getting jumped. If you ever feel that you're being unfairly treated here, please report that post. The mods will deal with the issue, you should not have to.

You are a long time member with serious cred, at least with me. Your opinion, good or bad, I would value very highly as opposed to someone who flies in here, tanks a vote, then disappears.

Sorry Jon but your faith is misplaced in the "cred" department...you just don't remember this guy...my previous post on here should refresh your memory...

I remember you now...you are the self anointed expert on ELP and other topics and top bootlegger...members just need to scroll down a few posts to see what you are...go down to post 1318
Yeah, I’m kinda partial to number 1314 myself, but the vote will be relegated to outlier - so meaningless, nothing to see here... let’s move on.

Sorry Jon but your faith is misplaced in the "cred" department...you just don't remember this guy...my previous post on here should refresh your memory...
I’d just like the fellow to elaborate or why the Doobie Quadio was so awful to him. Feels like a troll situation now if he doesn’t respond to the growing # of posts asking for more detail on a set that have garnered nothing but high praise from like 98% of the voters so far. Something has to be amiss.

I’d just like the fellow to elaborate or why the Doobie Quadio was so awful to him. Feels like a troll situation now if he doesn’t respond to the growing # of posts asking for more detail on a set that have garnered nothing but high praise from like 98% of the voters so far. Something has to be amiss.

I posted that so people could "move on" like the pupster mentioned and ignore this guy.....asking someone like that to elaborate is like throwing gasoline on a fire...you won't get any rational explanations from him...just the typical "rain man" stuff..

I posted that so people could "move on" like the pupster mentioned and ignore this guy.....asking someone like that to elaborate is like throwing gasoline on a fire...you won't get any rational explanations from him...just the typical "rain man" stuff..
I mean, part of me says “move on” and part of me says “this dude lives like an hour away” so I want him to come over and hear the Quadio and then still tell me it sucks! 😂

I mean, part of me says “move on” and part of me says “this dude lives like an hour away” so I want him to come over and hear the Quadio and then still tell me it sucks! 😂

Perhaps he is just trying to solidify my state's recently attained ranking:

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/fuggedaboutit-new-jersey-is-the-most-hated-state-in-america/
One must be vigilant when making it to the top because now everyone else will try their best to top you. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The Captain and Me - this is the dud in my book. I am so glad that we have the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix available for this one, it is like night and day in comparison. Part of this mix is really strange but particurly the sound quality is not even close to the other records in the box, from muffled to harsch with a few good passages in between. Me not like

Yes, TC&M quad is a "gruffy" sounding recording and not nearly as refined and smooth as the Scheiner 5.1. But I think that the quad mix brings out elements that are not so obvious in the Scheiner mix. Glad to have both of them.

Back