• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations on this title released in first in the "Perception" Box set in the DVD-Audio format, and again in 2014 as a single US SACD (Made in Austria) or as part of the Limited Numbered Edition "Infinite" Box from Analog Productions.

(n) :phones (y)

Hotel Front 700.jpg
Hotel Back 700.jpg

Quad Linda

Staff member
8. What's good is fantastic: Roadhouse Blues, Waiting for the Sun and the classic Peace Frog. Some of the material is forgettable. Good mix with the number of tracks they had to work with. A must own, although IMHO, their weakest album. For most artists, something this good would be their best album.

keenly

Banned
I wish somebody else did the Doors 5.1 mixes other than Bruce. I can't stand the placement of the drums.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
A very weak disc surround-wise, but I don't think that can be helped given the kind of material present on the album.
There are a few standout moments, but overall, it's only worth getting if you can find the "Perception" DVD-A set for an affordable price.

Don't bother with the SACDs as the bonus tracks are missing from all of them.

This particular disc gets a '7', simply because the music and fidelity are very good overall.

himey

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
A very weak disc surround-wise, but I don't think that can be helped given the kind of material present on the album.
There are a few standout moments, but overall, it's only worth getting if you can find the "Perception" DVD-A set for an affordable price.

This particular disc gets a '7', simply because the music and fidelity are very good overall.
I remember this mix being better than you describe. Lots of good mixes lately to skew opinions. Will listen later and vote...

keenly

Banned

It can definitely be helped. The placement of drums is atrocious, using the center and right front speaker but not left.

I adjusted this disc via Audacity, some songs have rears action for a matter of seconds then the rest sounds like radio.

djstephan

Bumping the thread as there's mention of the surround mixes and an interesting article overall in the latest issue of Sound and Vision magazine.

~dave~~wave~

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Bumping the thread as there's mention of the surround mixes and an interesting article overall in the latest issue of Sound and Vision magazine.

Great article, thanks.

Checked Amazon Music HD, the 50th anniversary stereo mix and bonus tracks stream from 24/192 FLAC in "UHD" (defined as whatever max resolution your playback device can handle).