Downtempo Dolby Atmos release on Apple Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

QQ Supporter
I’m testing the whole Dolby Atmos/Spatial Audio format.
I took an unreleased produced track and made it into a Dolby Atmos track with dynamic panning. I used the Dolby Renderer. Now Logic Pro has Dolby Atmos built-in.

It is out now, it is downtempo, relatively simple to better hear where the sources of sound are and I would really appreciate your feedback
https://music.apple.com/us/album/dystopia/1588725064?i=1588725065
I‘m also making a series of videos to explain this process:
  1. coming soon…

I recorded a quadraphonic album and now plan to release it in Dolby Atmos. I’m also learning from @kamranv who has released a few quadraphonic albums in this format, notably “Decades (in space)”.

As my main production is from a quadraphonic modular synthesizer, a 5.1 system is more than enough to work in Dolby Atmos. However, I‘m doing some remixes in Dolby Atmos, I use my 5.1 system and headsets in binaural to ensure I have it all mixed correctly. I’m seriously thinking about buying more speakers, may be just start with 2 ceiling speakers for 5.1.2.

I appreciate your advice and comments.

What I really like is that you mixed in the rears very well. The most Atmos mixes have not much in there. Some movement in the highs are always welcome.
Your bass drops are cool!
Thanks a lot, most appreciated.

Yes I also noticed that many consider the back speaker as “surround” which means for them as ”filler”. This may be an habit from making audio for movies. From quadraphonic production, I learnt that it should not matter where you look at when listening to the the music.

More please Franck. I was just getting into Dystopia and it ended all too soon.

I particularly enjoy the low end sound, rattling the speakers.

Great use of Atmos.

Last edited:
More please Franck. I was just getting into Dystopia and it ended all too soon.

I particularly enjoy the low end sound, rattling the speakers.

Great use of Atmos.
Many thanks. I have a recorded quadraphonic album (Passages, it is on Bandcamp as a subscriber only release for the moment and in Binaural), I plan to release it in Atmos. Dystopia was a small test to check the distribution. Based on your feedback, I’m encouraged to expand this Dystopia universe.

Back