Dream Theater - A View From The Top Of The World (5.1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alansanchez86

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I was honestly expecting an Atmos mix, since the hold the torch of the prog band of contemporary times, and they are already a household name, but I can't complain about a 5.1 mix.

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/view-top-world-2cdblu-ray-artbook-preorder
"additional production by James “Jimmy T” Meslin and mixed/mastered by Andy Sneap." I wonder if the 5.1 was also done by Andy.
Oct 22nd cant come soon enough!

Damn I was hoping to hear DT in Atmos soon, but I will still order this.
Tweet them! Perhaps they will consider with enough people calling for Atmos!

4EC38E7A-9FA0-43DC-9B8B-7BCF52A0D077.jpeg

Great news that Dream Theater is releasing their upcoming LP in 5.1 on Blu-Ray (and an Art Book too)! Will wait to see what other outlets will charge for the set before I decide to pick it up.

I think this Amazon.ca item, Amazon.ca might be the 3 disc Blu-ray set. The format states audio CD and that the contents consist of 3 discs however there is no further information or photos. The overall run time is stated as 4 hours 37 minutes but it's not showing as being available until December though. It's pricey here as well.

With this album and LTE's new album both being available in a CD/Blu-Ray combo, was John Petrucci's latest solo album also released in similar packing to get high res and surround mixes? I looked but couldn't find anything.

Mine came this morning along with a couple of other things, I'm most of the way through the Blu-ray now 5.1 LPCM. They haven't strayed too far from their usual formula and I'm loving the music, the sound and mix is really good, there are some cool videos accompanying the music too, a write up on the recording process and fabulous artwork in the book too.
20211022_110206.jpg

Back