Dream Theater - Distant Memories Live in London 3CD/2 Blu-Ray Video

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadocal

Hey there fellow surround fans! I just wanted to share a disc that I haven't seen mentioned here. There is Dream Theater 3cd 2blu-ray package available on Ammzn for under $25 currently that includes 2 live Blu-Rays in 5.1 Dolby True HD Surround. The 1st disc is mostly from their most recent album which I didn't own prior. Having never actually seen them live before this was a stunning treat. I own their prior DVD-A's etc that were audio only. First off, while not "incredible" the 5.1 mix is discrete and has some fun moments thrown in to let you know it. Overall the mix is really good. Rears are mostly used for crowd and delay on front but seems to get better as the concert goes on as far as discrete moments. Vocals have most of the center channel to themselves and sound fantastic. Bass could be a bit higher in mix but I'm a bassist myself, LOL. It's totally there in the mix and everyone sounds/plays fantastic. The drummer looks like he's having an amazingly fun time playing live. The overall video quality is amazing IMHO. The blacks are really black and clean. Most footage is super crisp and the video doesn't jump around much (YAY!) which I find can be distracting (lots of videos doing this lately). Watching Jordan and John solo is just amazing. The second BR is of Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory album played in its entirety. Again amazing album I had not heard before. Not sure why 2 discs when I think it could all fit on 1 BluRay but for under $25 this just felt like a fantastic deal (currently on sale from normal price). The concert itself was from March of last year, just as Covid was hitting the news everywhere and concerts would soon stop....

I highly recommend this set. I'll never play the CD's likely but for the price, I could care less! Just wanted to share this info as much of my 100+ surround titles (mostly audio) I discovered on this forum! -Randall

Thank you! I've ordered. :love: :love: :love: I have seen them live twice in the past, but some time ago, with the old drummer (who was good but spat all the time). This should be a nice catch up.

Last edited:
I got this last December. Although it was DVD not BR (I got it as a Christmas gift so I didn't have a choice). My favorite DT album was Scenes From A Memory so this was a no brainer for me.

Thank you! I've ordered. :love: :love: :love: I have seen them live twice in the past, but some time ago, with the old drummer (who was good but spat all the time). This should be a nice catch up.
That's funny, a friend and I call Mike the camel because of how much he spits.

Back