DSotM underground DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my hands on this disc... and the mix is amazing!!!(y)

Does anyone have more information about the "history" behind this release???

solaris said:
I wonder if Alan Parsons did this

I had the same thought. Honestly, how many people would have access to even a copy of the master 1/2"?

Can't wait to listen...I downloaded it, but I need to find someone with a DVD burner.

I don't think Parsons is responsible for this... I think there is just too much for him to lose and so little for him to gain.

That said, you never know. Anything is possible.

mdphunk said:
I had the same thought. Honestly, how many people would have access to even a copy of the master 1/2"?

Can't wait to listen...I downloaded it, but I need to find someone with a DVD burner.
Where are you located? PM me if you are around the Portland, OR area.

I don't want to violate forum rules, but I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I downloaded the file, and tried to burn it to a dvd-r using Nero 7 (it's an ISO image, so I just selected "burn image" in Nero); unfortunately, my Marantz DV9500 (which has played every disc I've ever thrown at it) won't recognize it. Is there something else I should be doing?

feel free to PM, thanks!

Just getting into multichannel and disovered this forum. Any assistance in obtaining this disk or download will be appreciated. Thanks, all!

bocephus said:
I don't want to violate forum rules, but I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I downloaded the file, and tried to burn it to a dvd-r using Nero 7 (it's an ISO image, so I just selected "burn image" in Nero); unfortunately, my Marantz DV9500 (which has played every disc I've ever thrown at it) won't recognize it. Is there something else I should be doing?

feel free to PM, thanks!

That should have worked. It worked fine for me. You could try DVD Decrypter. It will also burn ISO files

Alright I downloaded it but now cannot figure what format it is in to burn onto DVD-A. The file says it is an image file and not something like flac or shn to convert to wav for burning. Would someone please post to let us know what they did once they fully downloaded the album to get it onto disc and play? Thanks.

Nazgul said:
Alright I downloaded it but now cannot figure what format it is in to burn onto DVD-A. The file says it is an image file and not something like flac or shn to convert to wav for burning. Would someone please post to let us know what they did once they fully downloaded the album to get it onto disc and play? Thanks.
Just burn the disk image as-is to a blank DVD-/+R using any number of DVD burning applications.

There is nothing to convert.

I used Nero and it worked just fine.

HearToTemptYou said:
Just burn the disk image as-is to a blank DVD-/+R using any number of DVD burning applications.

There is nothing to convert.

I used Nero and it worked just fine.
Okay, you guys need to be careful about how you talk about this stuff. When you start providing instructions in public about how to create this disc, you are crossing a line that will bring us unwanted attention. It has happened once before.

Cai Campbell said:
Okay, you guys need to be careful about how you talk about this stuff. When you start providing instructions in public about how to create this disc, you are crossing a line that will bring us unwanted attention. It has happened once before.
I apologize, please remove my post if you feel it's best.

Any further correspondence like this I'll keep to PMs.

I found it, burned it, and played it, It sounds just awesome and the album art as it played was a nice touch. I'd definitely say it's from the masters and was done for quad as intended by Parson as some of the audio just bounces around you right when it should and I don't remember my SACD doing some of the things this disk does.
Very clean dynamic sound, it truly is a outstanding mixing job. As stated the center sounds like it's there and its not, worth the hunt and extra effort. Do the search recommended and remember, the newsgroups are your friend.

solaris said:
.... I wonder if they can get to the wywh or ahm masters

Wish You Were Here is completely present in an excellent fully discrete 5.1 version on the DTS soundtrack of the DVD "Dark Side Of The Rainbow" aka the movie Wizard of Oz "synchronised" with the music of both DSOTM and WYWH.

Much better than every SQ-vinyl-to-dtscd conversion i have heard so far.

O.K., call me simple, but...

It's getting a little late here in Ohio, and I had already shut down my computer for the night, but after hearing "Us And Them" I just had to fire it back up and write you guys. The echo bouncing from FL, FR, RR, RL, was probably the obvious choice for Alan Parsons back in the day, but boy is it fun.

And then, before my computer was back up, I got to the guitar solo in "Any Colour You Like."

I am in surround heaven.

Can someone help me to get the DVDA without downloading it? I only got modem...

Back