DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to score this one for a song and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a standard immersive live mix, but the performaces are stellar and the fidelity superb. For Jazz lovers, it's a no-brainer and well worth seeking out.

Ray Brown Trio With Ulf Wakenius - Summertime (Telarc CD-83430-DTS)

Ray Brown Trio 01.jpg

Ray Brown Trio 03.jpg

TELARC & DTS together does imply Audiophile sonics, and it's good and (pre-2000) vintage. I love the vintage stuff being unearthed.

"standard immersive live mix" means not four-cornered discreet assault right? Seems a Jazz quartet could of really sounded unique and special. But glad the fidelity is great.

TELARC & DTS together does imply Audiophile sonics, and it's good and (pre-2000) vintage. I love the vintage stuff being unearthed.

"standard immersive live mix" means not four-cornered discreet assault right? Seems a Jazz quartet could of really sounded unique and special. But glad the fidelity is great.
This is a live recording and it simply sounds like how many live performances are recorded. It's not a discrete mix, but it far more than simple ambience in the rears. I do agree that a more adventurous engineer would have offered something more corner active.

This is a live recording and it simply sounds like how many live performances are recorded. It's not a discrete mix, but it far more than simple ambience in the rears. I do agree that a more adventurous engineer would have offered something more corner active.
Well this is one I definitely do not have.
I do have some funky Japanese & Chinese stuff. lol. Pretty tame.

Yes. But these days everyone wants flac, flac, flac. That's fine. I'd rather listen to lossy encoded music in it's native format. Call me old school....
DTS rips to FLAC indeed. I'll take the best quality I can get at a smaller file size if and when possible.

DTS rips to FLAC indeed. I'll take the best quality I can get at a smaller file size if and when possible.
Indeed... People need to keep the original lossy DTS.wav bit-stream...

Or de-mux the native dts stream out of wav container and re-mux it into the mka container - which is what I do ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I now have 36TB storage on my PC not including my nvme2 OS drive - even in Canada the last few 8TB drives I’ve picked up are just CDN$159.99 which is excellent. No space concerns, even with full 4K Ultra HD backups.

Yeah I now have 36TB storage on my PC not including my nvme2 OS drive - even in Canada the last few 8TB drives I’ve picked up are just CDN$159.99 which is excellent. No space concerns, even with full 4K Ultra HD backups.
Sweet. I'm running about 66TB and a few SSD's. Got 6 HDD's filled with nothing but BD backups/.iso's boxed up on the shelf. Got a couple of 4TB older drives I'll probably convert to backup and hope to replace with bigger drives.

While entering my collection into MusicCollector I came across a Telarc title, The Great Fantasy Adventure Album, that they encoded with "Spatializer" which they say is compatible with Dolby Prologic.
I also came across a Pro-Arte title, Sample Surround, which is encoded with Shure HTS Stereosurround.I

Back