DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Well... Just to stick another spanner/wrench into works!

Is the 'yellow disc' release that includes the three missing notes encoded in 'quad' or '5.1'?
Interesting, I'm pretty sure my rip is missing those first first three notes, it starts immediately when I press play and does sound as if something it missing. I've nothing to compare it to.
Also it reports itself as 5.1, but the output from the center channel is extremely soft and doesn't sound right. It may even be a bleed through from the L & R channels due to the DTS process?
Not that I'm concerned, I think this is the first time I've played it since the rip. LOL

Last edited:
Finally got my hands on this DTS CD , after all these years having the SACD and not the original Quad mix.

Allman Brothers- Live At Fillmore East.

😊
20230320_152657.jpg

Finally got my hands on this DTS CD , after all these years having the SACD and not the original Quad mix.

Sweet!
I think I have about 6 copies of that performance, Quad, 5.1, SACD, PCM, Vinyl.
Although the SQ of the recording leaves much to be desired it's just
always been one of those "got to have it" deals. I even still got a needle drop
recording of the original LP I bought back in the day. The recording has a lot of
surface noise and crackles from abuse at my parties way back then, but I don't
have the heart to delete it so just remains lonely in it's hard-drive cell wishing to
be let out. LOL

Sweet!
recording of the original LP I bought back in the day. The recording has a lot of
have the heart to delete it so just remains lonely in it's hard-drive cell wishing to
be let out. LOL

Yes.

I also had the CD 4 Quadradisc , but sold it for a very low price , maybe 6 or 8 bucks. I gave up on CD 4 . Too fn finicky for me.
Interesting liner notes on that album , the Quadradisc that is.
Says quadraphonic mix by Ovie Sparks , (E palladin member on QQ ) , and he says he mixed the quad on Eat A Peach ,and not Fillmore East.

I assume you did not have a copy on SQ matrix , but mean sound quality ?
Funny that as I did have a copy on SQ matrix.
Had an SQ Encoder and put it on cassette.

Anyways I found redemption...finally getting an affordable copy on DTS.

😊
View attachment 89842
This brings something to mind I’d read somewhere on the QQ; a member mentioning, I believe, a missing harmonica part on most of these releases on “Stormy Monday”, is there a Quad version with that in it?

Wasn't there a similar problem on Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle that was corrected on the 25th Anniversary DTS-CD? That is a few notes missing at the start?
I no longer have the original CD but should have the 25th Anniversary CD around somewhere in the racks.

Sweet!
be let out. LOL
C'mon Sal, remember back in the day when we knew exactly when all of the pops and crackles were going to come in?! They practically became essential parts of the listening experience!

C'mon Sal, remember back in the day when we knew exactly when all of the pops and crackles were going to come in?! They practically became essential parts of the listening experience!
I bought Manfred Mann's Earth Band's "Watch" when it came out, my LP always had a click roughly half way through side 2, if I listen to my CD my brain adds the click in the same place!

Yes I was referring to Sound Quality, not matrix. ;)

I wonder if we should be using the term ... quality of sound QOS ?
Don't get me wrong I notice a few people use that SQ term....out of context for a website whose very essence is Quadraphonic Systems.
I'm kinda thinking of the younger folk who have just learned that SQ is
Stereo Quad a quad matrix system .

But if everyone is comfortable with Sound Quality , err as SQ ? who am I to state my opinion.

But enough of my whining. Now I crave some cheese...

I can't think of what my next DTS CD might be ? I think I have most of the most sought after disc's.

Back