DTS-CD DTS -> Multiple wavs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s6270

Hi

This has probably been brought up before, but I'm wondering if it is possible to extract each channel of a DTS-CD of wav files. Is that possible?

Thank you!

I realize now that I only told a half-truth. VLC Media player will create a 6-channel interleaved .wav file, which can be opened up into 6 individual .wav files by Adobe Audition. It is probable that other programs can probably open the 6-channel .wav file as well, but I haven’t used anything else.

Put the DTS CD in your CD- Rom drive

Run VLC Media Player

Click “File – Open Disc”

Select “Audio CD.” Select a track number (you’ll have to do this process for each track on the disc)

Down near the bottom, select “stream/save”, the click “settings

For output, select “file”, then click “browse” and give your output file a name. Be sure to add the “.wav” extension to the file name.

For “Encapsulation Method,” select .wav

Check the box next to “audio Codec” then choose the settings Audio Codec = s16l, bitrate = 512, channels = 6

Click “OK.” Click “OK” again

The player should now look like it’s playing the file quickly, though you will hear no sound.

When it is done, run Adobe Audition.

Either open the file in edit mode, and it will open 6 individual .wav files, or insert the audio into a multitrack session and Audition will place the 6 individual .wav files in the session for you.

Hope that helps!

J. D.

What version of VLC are you using? I don't have a lot of those features. I'm currently using VLC v1.0.3. Is there a newer version?

Question: Does any of the DTS -> Multiple wavs programs bring you back to where one was before encoding? In other words, is anything lost sound quality wise when one converts DTS back to multiple wavs?

Question: Does any of the DTS -> Multiple wavs programs bring you back to where one was before encoding? In other words, is anything lost sound quality wise when one converts DTS back to multiple wavs?

No and No.
Decoding will never get you back where you were, as DTS is a perceptual system that reduces data permanently.
Neither do you get a further quality drop by decoding either.

Hi

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I was just wondering how to do the opposite, now: converting multiple wavs to a .DTS file
Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

Hi

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I was just wondering how to do the opposite, now: converting multiple wavs to a .DTS file
Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

in other words, you want to create a 48 or 96 .DTS file? Surcode DVD will do it. DTS-HD MA Suite will do it. DTS Pro Encoder will do it. AudioMuxer will do it.

Back