DTS:X and Auro 3D Konfiguration narrow Room

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e1m1

Hey together,
I built me a small HomeCinema over the years. I currently have an 5.1.4 Setup with an Marantz SR6012 and Canton Speakers.
The roomdimensions are 6,00*2,60. The 5.1 plane inherits the specifications published by dolby. i have a question about the upper level. i currently have two top speakers and positions them on the wall near the ceiling. i satisfy the 30° angle needed for auro 3d.
the back speakers are teufel reflect speaker, but i want to exchange them with wall mounted speaker that inherit the auro 3d specifications and are the same type as the front hight speakers.

So my question for the back speaker if i satisfy the 30° auro 3d angle the speaker cannot be mounted direct under the ceiling. the have to be mounted in a height of around 1,7 -1,8 m.
So should i place them on this hight to satisfy the 30° angle or should i mount them direct under the ceiling as i did with the front height speakers?

Back