DTS X Soundtrack on EX MACHINA Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfbkfb

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
My Blu-ray player downmixed the DTS X soundtrack to Stereo,
I didn't notice anything missing from the soundtrack so it looks like
DTS X is compatible with older Blu-ray players like mine.

Does anyone have a Surround Sound System with a DTS X decoder?

Kirk Bayne

I find it hariously funny that, in the beginning, there was Dolby Atmos available in receivers but no software available to listen to it. Now, we have DTS-X software but the hardware that is trickling out, doesn't have the ability to decode it. :rolleyes:

At least, we know that DTS-X capability in hardware should start arriving sometime in September. Fingers crossed.

I find it hariously funny that, in the beginning, there was Dolby Atmos available in receivers but no software available to listen to it. Now, we have DTS-X software but the hardware that is trickling out, doesn't have the ability to decode it. :rolleyes:

At least, we know that DTS-X capability in hardware should start arriving sometime in September. Fingers crossed.

DĆ¼de. I just got my 5.1 where I want it, and now it's time to tear it all down & start over already? AGAIN?!

I'm gonna need a couple more years... At least. :smokin

-- Jim

P.S. Just finished watching this movie. Excellent, state-of-the-art science fiction. I admit some disappointment with the underlying plot - it was ultimately a bit pedestrian (literally, at the end). But with such a mind-boggling premise, I guess you gotta start somewhere.

I've tried 6.1 and 7.1 (and briefly dabbled in a pseudo 9.1 with Yammy's system with two little front height speakers)
and came to the conclusion that;
a.) my room's way too small for that many speakers
and b.) there wasn't anything in 6.1/7.1 that justified it for me anyway.

Each to their own and if others have big enough places and their kind of musical or movie material encoded for gazillions of speakers I'm very happy for them! Me, I'll stick to 5.1 and Quad, "it just works" :)

Back