Dual Disc DualDisc Surround Listing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Dolby only 5.1 DD latin music:
Reik - Secuencia
Reyli - Fe
Alejandro Fernandez - Viento a Favor

More DVD-A 5.1 DD
All the AIX titles 96/24

The AIX discs are not DualDiscs but dual sided DVD-A/DVD-V discs. I don't know how many other companies used that format, not many I am sure, but I don't know what the discs should be called. The AIX disc was a lot better than DualDiscs and all of my players can play both sides of the AIX discs, unlike DualDiscs which my players often had trouble with, although only with the CD side.

There are a few AIX titles that have DualDiscs included with them. They are the Collectors Edition releases that have two discs. The first disc is a double sided DVD-Video disc with a linear "program" of the artist with music tracks and discussion, photos etc. and the other side is an interactive side of basically the same material. The second disc is a DualDisc with a CD-Audio side and a DVD-Audio side. There are about 6 of these ranging from Ernest Ranglin to Lowen and Navarro.

Welcome back to QQ Dr.AIX. I have added those 6 titles you mentioned as they do meet the criteria of a DualDisc. Could you also confirm that the "Albert Lee - Tearing it Up" is available for sale and while your here is the "Nicci Gilbert - Nicci Gilbert and Friends" (not DualDisc) available yet?.

I was maintaining several DVD-A related lists including DullDisc in 2005-07 but to my surprise it was all "disappeared" by the OP of this thread. Perhaps Jon has the remnants somewhere to resurrect?

I had printed out your lists long ago.
Here is what you had listed and is missing from the current dualdisc list.

Dolby Digital 5.1 Dualdisc

David Banner - Certified
Mercy Me - Undone
Utopia (Todd Rundgren) - KSAN Live 1979 - also listed as a DVDA 5.1, most probably was a DVDA dualdisc

DVDA 5.1 Dualdisc - all but one of these are silverline which also released these as normal one sided DVDA discs.

38 Special - Live at Sturgis
Tesla - Standing Room Only
Brides of Destruction - Here Comes the Brides
Jack Bruce - Shadows In the Air
Cool Yule All Stars - Big Band Christmas
Desmond Dekker - Anthology Isrealites
Donovan - Fairy Tale
Sammy Hagar - Hallelujah
Humble Pie - Live at Whisky A-Go-Go
Ministry - Sphinctour
Ministry - Animositisomia
Motorhead - Overkill
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Stephanie Osborne - Victorian Christmas
The Pogues - Streams of Whisky
Glen Phillips - Abulum
REO Speedwagon - Live Plus
The Searchers - Very Best
Various - The British Are Coming
Utopia(Todd Rundgren) - KSAN Live 1979
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time - Capitol

vinylguy4

A couple comments.

The packaging for Joshua Bell says stereo only, so can probably take that one off the list. I do not have this disc to verify.
Add Bjork - Volta - DTS dualdisc - not in the surrounded box.

vinylguy4

Mmmm... Bonnie Raitt and Bjork's Volta were never DualDisc's AFAIK but I would love to be corrected. Thanks for the other Sliverline titles though. Adding them to the spreadsheet. Currently up to 263 5.1 DualDisc titles now. I wonder if we can make it to 300.

Last edited:
Are you considering classical titles for this DualDisc list?

If so,:
The Academy of St. James, Carl Pini - Director
The Brandenberg Concertos (J. S. Bach)
Silverline Classics, DVD-Audio

J. D.

Thanks vinylguy4! Glad you did.

Beached - I have seen the Bonnie Raitt DD in the past, cannot comment on the Bjork.

JD - We had not considered classical in the past but I was not asked to be part of the current cataloging effort.

Hi Tim
Thanks for the Bonnie Raitt info. That one is news to me but then again so was the Crowded House DualDisc (both on Capitol). Maybe there should be limited access but I am sure Sukothai will allow you to contribute to his spreadsheet. Just send him your your email handle. That goes for anybody here. The sooner we can nail all of these suckers the better.

"The World's Best Loved Classical Themes"
Silverline Classic 2006
DD 5.1
DD 2.0

Joseph Marie Canteloube "Song of the Auvergne"
Silverline Classics 2004
PPCM 5.1 96/24
PPCM 2.0 96/24

Jane Monheit "In The Sun"
Immergent 2005
PPCM 5.1 96/24
PPCM 2.0 48/24

Bela Fleck And The Flecktones "The Hidden Land"
Sony 2006
PCM 2.0
DD 5.1

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band "The Phat Pack"
Silverline 2006
DD 5.1
DD 2.0

Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"
Sony/Columbia 2003
DD 5.1
DD 2.0

ROBERT CRAY "Time Will Tell"
Silverline 2003
PPCM 5.1 PPCM

"40 Years - A Charlie Brown Christmas"
MONSTERMUSIC 2005
DTS 5.1 96/24
PCM 2.0 96/24

Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee "1958 London Sessions"
Silverline 2005
PPCM 5.1 96/24

I double checked my Bjork - Volta, it is actually a 2 disc CD + DVD disc set. DVD has both DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 of the album tracks.
video content is still pictures of Bjork in costume.
So, not a dualdisc.

If I glue the discs together, does that count?

vinylguy4

"The World's Best Loved Classical Themes"
Silverline Classic 2006
DD 5.1
DD 2.0

Thanks for that one,

Joseph Marie Canteloube "Song of the Auvergne"
Silverline Classics 2004
PPCM 5.1 96/24
PPCM 2.0 96/24

Just put that one up.

Jane Monheit "In The Sun"
Immergent 2005
PPCM 5.1 96/24
PPCM 2.0 48/24

Already in there.

Bela Fleck And The Flecktones "The Hidden Land"
Sony 2006
PCM 2.0
DD 5.1

Could you check this one. I thought it was only stereo.

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band "The Phat Pack"
Silverline 2006
DD 5.1
DD 2.0

Not a DualDisc AFAIK. It is a two disc set

Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"
Sony/Columbia 2003
DD 5.1
DD 2.0

Already in there.

ROBERT CRAY "Time Will Tell"
Silverline 2003
PPCM 5.1 PPCM

Already in there.

"40 Years - A Charlie Brown Christmas"
MONSTERMUSIC 2005
DTS 5.1 96/24
PCM 2.0 96/24

This one is a SuperDisc Not DualDisc AFAIK.

Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee "1958 London Sessions"
Silverline 2005
PPCM 5.1 96/24

AFAIK this is not a DualDisc but a DVD-A only disc.

Keep em coming. 291 and counting.

Hi Otto
Now that is interesting. I gunna have to go and get that now even if it is only Dulby. I love a bit of Banjo. Oop's. I just chacked Amazon's review page.
Maybe Canadians have access to more than we know. Quote "This DualDisc version would be worth the extra $ even if it was much extra. Enhanced pcm stereo makes a big difference if you have the right equipment, although 5.1 would have made me wet myself."End Quote. Thanks:howl. Anna Vissi "Nylon" was listed by Cai and now I can slot it. Thanks. Any good?. To quote Crowded House " Now were getting somewhere". Maybe.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is incorrect. The Flecktones DualDisc does not contain a 5.1 track of any kind:

DVD SIDE: -"Long Way Home: A Flecktone Journey" A film by Bela Fleck and Sascha Paladino

A revealing behind-the-scenes film filled with interviews and performance. The short film documents, with generous doses of humor, the return of the Flecktones to the studio to begin their rehearsals for the recording of "The Hidden Land," and includes rehearsal footage, as well as a full unreleased live performance.

Also included is a brief, but insightful question and answer session with some fans. The Flecktones' answers to these questions give some important and intelligent information on their philosophies about music and their approaches to their respective instruments... includes some performance examples to illustrate the concepts discussed.

-The entire album in enhanced LPCM Stereo.

I follow what they do very closely and met them in 1990 on the first tour here in Nashville. :smokin:

I am sure Sukothai will allow you to contribute to his spreadsheet. Just send him your your email handle.

beached has done a ton of work on the spreadsheet since I created it. Like he says, pm me with your Google login ID and I'll add you so you can edit too. The only requirement is that you are a member of this board.

- Ben

Back