Dumbest anti-surround argument you've heard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumbest anti-surround argument you've ever heard

• Total voters
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thing is, it’s kind of an olde-worlde English expression... if someone said that to a girl these days, she’d think there was something wrong with him:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Is it wrong that I want a toy for Christmas at my age?
No, of course not, I loved the robot on Lost in Space and his relationship with the wonderful Dr.Zachary Smith so bought myself this last year!!...
B9.JPG

He has a full repertoire of his key phrases from the show too, great fun for us kids at heart!

No, to say “I only have eyes for you” is also grammatically correct... and in any case, flows better if one has to sing it - which is also an important part of the songwriter’s job
You only have the eyes. You can't use them?

The real problem is that "only" looks like an adverb, but it is an adjective. Because they think it is an adverb, they think it must be next to the verb.

You only have the eyes. You can't use them?

The real problem is that "only" looks like an adverb, but it is an adjective. Because they think it is an adverb, they think it must be next to the verb.
Adjectively I think you all sound verbose. I am more interested in reverb than adverb.

Last edited:
And anyone who as a child couldn't sit still in the barber chair or squirmed in the dentist's seat can certainly not be expected to sit for any length of time in a SWEET SPOT.

See the source image

The Lost in Space Blu-ray set from ~5 years ago includes S3E1 with a 5.1 soundtrack remix (and "widescreenized"), the conversion from 4:3 to 16:9 caused a lot of discussion, the 5.1 remix was rarely mentioned (in the LiS forum).

Kirk Bayne

The rule is that the word "only" modifies the following word. If it appear last, it modifies the entire sentence.

Let's look at all of the cases:

I have two apples
Only I have two apples = Nobody else has two apples
I only have two apples = I have them. I can't eat them.
I have only two apples = I don't have 1 or 3 apples.
I have two only apples = I have two apples that are kept separated.
I have two apples only = I don't have anything else.

I have eyes for you
Only I have eyes for you = Nobody else has eyes for you.
I only have eyes for you = I have eyes. I can't use them.
I have only eyes for you = I don't have a nose for you.
I have eyes only for you = My eyes are not against you.
I have eyes for only you = Not anyone else
I have eyes for you only = I don't have anything else.

Smartest anti-surround argument I’ve ever heard: “My apartment is too small for a surround system that I can play at volume levels that I’d like. So would you mind indulging me with an invitation to listen to your rig from time to time?”

One thing I noticed when I started using surround sound is that I didn't need the volume as high as I needed it with stereo. It was just as loud within the area surrounded by the speakers, but it was not as loud outside that area.

Back