Dune Movie

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcond

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
If any of you, like me, read the book Dune by Frank Herbert way back in your teen years, and subsequently suffered through some so-so film adaptations (the movie with Sting, the TV version from a while back), then hopefully this will give you hope:

I know films don't always live up to their trailers and hype, but hopefully this will overcome that. Filmed in IMAX - will need to see in theaters for sure (and then of course at home with full scale surround/subwoofers blaring, etc.). This looks like it will be positively epic. Effective use of the Pink Floyd song "Eclipse" too. Enjoy! (Sorry for geeking out!)

There was a lot that I really liked about the 1980's David Lynch film: The imagery and the production were both superb, especially considering the year it was made and, imho, both were spot on with the books . Why on earth they had to invent the concept of the "sound modules" is completely beyond me - it ruined what could easily have been a classic.

I also quite liked the HBO adaptation of the trilogy, and it has an awesome soundtrack.

The new one, apparently, doesn't cover the whole of the first book, but there will be a sequel to complete it. If it makes enough money...

Trailer looks good, apart from the fast paced fights, as far as I can remember, it wasn't like this in the books (just a slower movement was required to traverse the shields)

This director also did the SF movie Arrival which I quite liked. This new version will be worth watching even if it misses the mark.

Its just too bad Jodorowsky's vision of Dune was never filmed in the 70s.

Part of the problem with the David Lynch version (which I thoroughly enjoyed, btw) is that the book is far too big for a film. So what has changed this time?

If any of you, like me, read the book Dune by Frank Herbert way back in your teen years, and subsequently suffered through some so-so film adaptations (the movie with Sting, the TV version from a while back), then hopefully this will give you hope:

I know films don't always live up to their trailers and hype, but hopefully this will overcome that. Filmed in IMAX - will need to see in theaters for sure (and then of course at home with full scale surround/subwoofers blaring, etc.). This looks like it will be positively epic. Effective use of the Pink Floyd song "Eclipse" too. Enjoy! (Sorry for geeking out!)

interesting

New article: Three Dune Soundtracks Incoming From Hans Zimmer (including Dolby Atmos mixes)

Three Albums Featuring the Music of Dune

The aforementioned albums will be released digitally, starting from early September:

The Dune Sketchbook (Music from the Soundtrack) comes out on September 3, 2021, the date of the world premiere in Venice. This album consists of “extended, immersive musical explorations” of the score and will be available in both Standard and—a first for Hans Zimmer’s work—in Dolby Atmos Music versions.

Dune (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) will follow on September 17, 2021, featuring Zimmer’s Dune movie score. This album will likewise be released in both Standard and Dolby Atmos Music formats.

The Art and Soul of Dune is due out October 22, 2021, the date of movie’s U.S. premiere. This is intended to be the “companion soundtrack” to the eponymous art book, written by executive producer Tanya Lapointe. Zimmer has curated “uniquely crafted versions of the film’s main themes” to accompany readers as they immerse themselves into the book’s dazzling visuals, interviews, and behind-the-scenes content.

A word of warning: Although for the moment being these have been announced as digital only releases, should Warner Watertower decide to release these in physical format, they may be extremely limited and sell faster than you can say Muad'Dib so keep your eyes opened. I have a feeling the film will be a huge success.

For the time being, only 2 tracks are available in Stereo on HDTracks in 48/24.

Last edited:
New article: Three Dune Soundtracks Incoming From Hans Zimmer (including Dolby Atmos mixes)

A word of warning: Although for the moment being these have been announced as digital only releases, should Warner Watertower decide to release these in physical format, they may be extremely limited and sell faster than you can say Muad'Dib so keep your eyes opened. I have a feeling the film will be a huge success.

For the time being, only 2 tracks are available in Stereo on HDTracks in 48/24.

Both tracks available in Atmos in Apple Music :LB

Back