Duran Duran catalog possibly coming in 360 Reality Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesc

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Here's a recent video from Nick Rhodes where he discusses mixing the new album in 360RA:

He says they'd like to go back and do the entire catalog and even spoke of going back to the multitrack tapes for the early albums. I'd love to see more Duran in surround, especially those early ones.

The standard edition of their latest album has been available in 360 format on Tidal and it sounds like the Deluxe Edition will be available for streaming outlets tomorrow. Just curious if it's available in Atmos on Apple Music like some other 360 albums on Tidal are. I was hoping we might see a Dolby Atmos version eventually... maybe even just a SDE produced one like the Tears For Fears album.

I'm geeking out over the b&w footage of vintage synths & sequencers, but the shots of the 360 mixing interface are cool!

Future Past (Deluxe) is on Amazon Music, but like many deluxe editions there, only the core album tracks are in 360, bonus tracks are stereo.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.35.34 PM.png

I'd love Duran's music in Atmos/5.1. I don't have any way of listening to 360 Reality Audio and I am not sure I care to.

I'd love Duran's music in Atmos/5.1. I don't have any way of listening to 360 Reality Audio and I am not sure I care to.
Yeah, I checked out the 360 version of their current album and wasn't very impressed. At least I think I checked it out... I was using my AKG headphones on a chromebook and the Tidal app showed the 360 version and allowed me to listen to it. I compared with the stereo version on Tidal and could hear a difference but didn't really get a surround effect from it. It's not a great sounding album to begin with so I can't say I liked one version over the other.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll offer their albums in Dolby Atmos as well. It would be nice if they'd at least allow the streaming devices to decode the 360 version so we could get an idea of what it's supposed to sound like.

I was hoping we might see a Dolby Atmos version eventually... maybe even just a SDE produced one like the Tears For Fears album.

I'd say this is a real possibility. Paul SDE often mentions his love of Duran so hopefully has already started negotiations. Or at least will after reading this thread!

Back