Dutton Vocalion August 2020 Surround Sound SACDs (6)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email from Mr. Dutton today that shipping rates for international shipments will be going up as of October 1st, so place your orders before then if you're not in the UK!
Dammit! Right now, the new Byrd is the only new release of interest to me. Was hoping for a new batch to add it to.

Got an email from Mr. Dutton today that shipping rates for international shipments will be going up as of October 1st, so place your orders before then if you're not in the UK!
Inevitable, I guess. They've been eating the increases that everybody else passed on to customers months ago. It's because so much transatlantic mail used to go on commercial passenger flights--and there are so many fewer flights now...

How much is the increase?
Inevitable, I guess. They've been eating the increases that everybody else passed on to customers months ago. It's because so much transatlantic mail used to go on commercial passenger flights--and there are so many fewer flights now...
The postage rates for Royal Mail (which D-V use) for UK & International went up by almost 10% at the end of March, and there does seem to be fewer and more expensive international postage rate options with Royal Mail at the moment (they really sting you for signed International!). So I think D-V have held back for as long as they could.

So it’s time to order a boatload of titles in order to dilute the shipping cost per disc...and also dilute the bank account balance. Thanks for the heads up.

I discovered the Dutton Vocalion catalogue late last year, and it was quite an eye (and ear) opener! I did not have a Quad system back in the day, and as my previous surround listening had been limited to 5.1, I am finding that these Quad mixes are fantastic. I have been ordering as many of the rock and jazz titles that I could squeeze into my budget. This may be a dumb question, but I was wondering how often D-V releases new material? Are we hoping for something in October? :D

I discovered the Dutton Vocalion catalogue late last year, and it was quite an eye (and ear) opener! I did not have a Quad system back in the day, and as my previous surround listening had been limited to 5.1, I am finding that these Quad mixes are fantastic. I have been ordering as many of the rock and jazz titles that I could squeeze into my budget. This may be a dumb question, but I was wondering how often D-V releases new material? Are we hoping for something in October? :D

I would think more towards November 1st.

So glad you're enjoying Dutton Vocalion's magnificent QUAD SACDs. They ARE special and their pricing is among THE best in the industry.

So glad you're enjoying Dutton Vocalion's magnificent QUAD SACDs. They ARE special and their pricing is among THE best in the industry.
That would be great if we got some new ones by then.

Yes, I was impressed with their prices, and then I noticed that in some cases there would be 2 albums on one disc. Great stuff!

with all the pandemic pandemonium, now we know people in the States the calibre of Mark Wilder @Sony and Bob Vosgien @Capitol are involved in these releases, it seems the USA is possibly more pivotal in tracking down the masters and getting the tape transfers done than may have been imagined, so i've had to resign myself to there probably being nothing else new from the Watford Wiz this year... and if in my gloomy coronabollocks-laden pessimism something somehow miraculously does drop from Papa Dutton and the Austrian Elves just in time for Christmas then it will make it all feel even more special.! 🤩

with all the pandemic pandemonium, now we know people in the States the calibre of Mark Wilder @Sony and Bob Vosgien @Capitol are involved in these releases, it seems the USA is possibly more pivotal in tracking down the masters and getting the tape transfers done than may have been imagined, so i've had to resign myself to there probably being nothing else new from the Watford Wiz this year... and if in my gloomy coronabollocks-laden pessimism something somehow miraculously does drop from Papa Dutton and the Austrian Elves just in time for Christmas then it will make it all feel even more special.! 🤩

Neither rain nor snow nor sleet will keep the Wizard and Elves from delivering a bountiful Christmas🎄 Surprise to not naughty but nice boys and girls all over the world

SO,

See the source image

HERE COME THE ELF PISTOLS🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️

Last edited:
Don't forget that with the world wide shipping situation we're currently experiencing, major labels may not have the peace of mind to ship off master tape copies all over the world. There are many other things to consider when we think about what D-V or any other independent label out there, no matter what country they may be based in, may request.

There are many things right now "on hold" until this crap gets under control. That being said, they could always surprise us! :)

Sony Japan is an entity all it's own from tape owner to disc maker, so it's a heck of a lot easier for them to get stuff out, so you cannot compare their release schedule to independent labels.

Back