Dutton Vocalion Hues Corporation SACD up for grabs ridiculously cheap

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surround.sound.enthusiast

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Hey all,

I happened to be in the Bullmoose Music Millcreek location yesterday and came across a copy of the Dutton Vocalion multi-channel The Hues Corporation SACD two-fer.
The disc, case and insert are in great condition. Now, the disc is listed on the Bullmoose website at $12.97, BUT in person the price sticker actually says $2.97 (proof is below)!!

20210107_191107.jpg

For any of you in the area that don't already own this disc (or those willing to wrangle on the phone about getting the website corrected for orders online), here is your chance to get it at a rock bottom price! I nearly picked it up because of the price... but I already have a copy. So, here's the word out to the rest of the QQ community!

Hey all,

I happened to be in the Bullmoose Music Millcreek location yesterday and came across a copy of the Dutton Vocalion multi-channel The Hues Corporation SACD two-fer.
The disc, case and insert are in great condition. Now, the disc is listed on the Bullmoose website at $12.97, BUT in person the price sticker actually says $2.97 (proof is below)!!

View attachment 61416

For any of you in the area that don't already own this disc (or those willing to wrangle on the phone about getting the website corrected for orders online), here is your chance to get it at a rock bottom price! I nearly picked it up because of the price... but I already have a copy. So, here's the word out to the rest of the QQ community!

Talk about ROCKIN' THE BOAT!

Hey all,

View attachment 61416

I called the store and the price has been fixed. Still just $12.97 used.

I think I got one or two of their classical SACDs for a dollar or two at the Princeton Record Exchange in what I think was a mispricing as well. I do love record stores.

I called the store and the price has been fixed. Still just $12.97 used.
Still a good deal at the original D-V price, and even with the corrected price just a little cheaper here, and without foreign currency fees! One hell of a mis-price though.

The Bullmoose inventory system doesn't seem to be as spot-on as it used to be. I've come across a handful of discs in the past nine months or so that were not in the system as the correct format and came up as "unavailable". Most recently was Marvin Gaye's Lets Get It On SACD, and I think a Diana Krall DualDisc. I've also just recently touched two copies of the Quincy Jones Original Jam Sessions 1969, but the system didn't even list the title (come to find out today, it's listed if I search under "Cosby" - he's only on one of the eleven bloody tracks!). The Salem store said they do a full in-store inventory about every three months, so maybe things get a re-jigger when that takes place.

Last edited:
Back