Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
'ckin' 'ell....!!!! πŸ˜πŸ’πŸ’žβ€οΈπŸ’˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€―

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2CDLK4637
5546D713-9095-444C-9063-13F51D4A4774.jpeg

Wow! REO & Ted Nugent quads have appeared in my most-wanted list for some time now, glad to finally have them!

It'll be interesting to see what the Free-For-All quad master actually sounds like, both my copies of the SQ LP sound pretty awful but the mix is fantastic (lots of loud rhythm guitar in the rears only).

Well spotted Adam :bowing: Ted Nugent& REO Speedwagon! All I can say is :51QQ:SB

.................. the Mac Davis looks way too 'Good Old Boys' for me :LOL:

I bought the Kris Kristofferson and the Quad mix is excellent, but I reckon I only found a couple of songs I'll ever listen to again, but if you like 'Country' it'll be brilliant.

Wow! REO & Ted Nugent quads have appeared in my most-wanted list for some time now, glad to finally have them!

It'll be interesting to see what the Free-For-All quad master actually sounds like, both my copies of the SQ LP sound pretty awful but the mix is fantastic (lots of loud rhythm guitar in the rears only).
ohhh i knowwww!!! i absolutely cannot wait to get my hot little mitts on this lot!!! 🀞πŸ₯³πŸ˜…πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚πŸ˜β€οΈπŸ’žπŸ’πŸ˜Ž

Well spotted Adam :bowing: Ted Nugent& REO Speedwagon! All I can say is :51QQ:SB

.................. the Mac Davis looks way too 'Good Old Boys' for me :LOL:

I bought the Kris Kristofferson and the Quad mix is excellent, but I reckon I only found a couple of songs I'll ever listen to again, but if you like 'Country' it'll be brilliant.
the Mac Davis has some absolutely superb mixes on it. two of the Quads are by Bruce Botnick and should sound divine, two were by CBS' Rock Quad experts Don Young & Harold Kleiner and the scarce last Quad from 1977, "Thunder In The Afternoon", was by A&M's Dick Bogert & Warren Vincent. i'm soooooo excited!!!! weeeeeeee!!!!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Last edited:
now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

Free For All is Ted's classic album, maybe above the S/T one before it which is very good but it was not mixed in quad.. Don't know those REO albums but sure sound like young fun!

I just ordered (and received) a big stack of DV titles because I was so far behind on a few classical SACDs, and needed Mott and BTO still. Looks like I need to set aside more cash for a good cause. I'll order this week and not next week for sure.

Last edited:
Great, another total pass on these titles. Not my preference. DV can do better. Where are the Paul Simon Quad mixes?
The Mac Davis is not my cup of tea, and it's all those quad albums. But the REO and Nugent will be very fun and rock pretty hard.

Oh the Paul Simon quad mixes are on TiDal and Amazon I'm told.

THEY LIVE THE 70S ARE BACK

Not to rain on the parade but 5 Mac Davis quads? I like Kris Kristofferson but those 4 wont get heavy play and 4 Friends of Distinction even less except for their hits which I liked

I guess if youre a Mac fan youre thrilled with 5 quads but this was music I never listened to or bought......

I buy a lot of DV releases but............

Still thank you Michael for what you are doing.

the Mac Davis has some absolutely superb mixes on it. two of the Quads are by Bruce Botkin and should sound divine, two were by CBS' Rock Quad experts Don Young & Harold Kleiner and the scarce last Quad from 1977, "Thunder In The Afternoon", was by A&M's Dick Bogert & Warren Vincent. i'm soooooo excited!!!! weeeeeeee!!!!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
I would expect the music to be fairly pared down like Charlie Rich or Kris K. type thing. But I'll hold off and wait to hear the Spotlight ratings & reports come in on those.

Last edited:

Not to rain on the parade but 5 Mac Davis quads? I like Kris Kristofferson but those 4 wont get heavy play and 4 Friends of Distinction even less except for their hits which I liked

I guess if youre a Mac fan youre thrilled with 5 quads but this was music I never listened to or bought......

ain't nobody gonna rain on my parade!! πŸ’‹πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‚

i for one have been longing for those Mac Davis Quads ever since Audio Fidelity started doing Quad SACDs and here they are - at last - but all thanks to Vocalion! πŸ’Ž

there's some truly superb Surround Sound among those 5 albums --- i'm so looking forward to hearing them no doubt sounding better than ever!! 😍

I'm used to it now, a few DVs I'm happy about and several I won't bother with. Happens each time. But things like Poco, Mott, Argent, Derringer, EW&F, BTO, RTF, Weather Report, keep me glued to the screen and waiting for the next thing.

CTI and Capitol label stuff makes me perk up as well. I feel like if I just stay positive, and hopeful - that DV will drop on us Stanly Clarke - School Days, or one of the Grand Funk quads like American Band or Shinin' On.

Back