Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In many years of collecting SQ releases, I never came across Nugents free for all, so this one was a no brainer. I just listened to my REO SQ's and had never really noticed how well the back channels decoded so they are also on the way. I went ahead and ordered neils diamonds and hugo in wonderland because I play the CD'4s so much its just a matter of time before I wear em out. The bottom line is.....Kudos MICHAEL DUTTON! We really appreciate you! My wallet is at your mercy!

My discs arrived yesterday (nugent and REO), the Nugent only played one album so I called DV for advice, since the 2nd album is in stereo I have to change the settings on my Sony 800, my question to you guys is this, my cd player cost a hell of a lot more than the Sony, should I play the cd on my cd player or mess around with the settings on the Sony, which would sound best or will there be no difference?
PS I have no other stereo SACD’s so it seems a hassle to change the settings for one album and then have to remember and change it back

My discs arrived yesterday (nugent and REO), the Nugent only played one album so I called DV for advice, since the 2nd album is in stereo I have to change the settings on my Sony 800, my question to you guys is this, my cd player cost a hell of a lot more than the Sony, should I play the cd on my cd player or mess around with the settings on the Sony, which would sound best or will there be no difference?
PS I have no other stereo SACD’s so it seems a hassle to change the settings for one album and then have to remember and change it back
I would do it once just to check the disc. I have quite a few stereo SACDs so I change the settings and have a stereo session and only remember to flip it back when the next time I put on a SACD doesn't play in surround!

I placed my order several days after the announcement, so REO/Nugent/Davis arrived to my home just this afternoon. That means that SACD rips happen tomorrow during NFL games and listening commences on Monday. Oh my, the first world problems!

P.S.
- I had a maybe half inch superficial crack in the Mac Davis case. A small price to pay for not following GOS's Law.

Same thing happens to me and my Oppo on the DV "The Miracles – Love Crazy & The Miracles". Love Crazy plays fine, but if I want to listen to The Miracles I have to change the Oppo's settings since that one is only in stereo.

Listening to the Ted Nugent and REO discs this morning. Both are awesome in quad! And really fantastic 70s analogue sounding quality, clear and punchy. Almost didn’t buy the REO set since I wasn’t familiar with any of the songs but man, this is a lot of fun to listen to! Really raucous barroom boogie rock and roll from a bygone era. Very different from what I know about Kevin Cronin-led arena rock era of the band. A pleasant surprise for sure.

P.S.
- I had a maybe half inch superficial crack in the Mac Davis case. A small price to pay for not following GOS's Law.
You must lead a charmed Quadraphonic Life. I violated GOS's Law and my previous entire order of 9 SACDs got messed up, an issue which DV remedied ...IMMEDIATELY. 😍😍

Thou shalt not violate GOS's Law. Therefore, my current order was for 6 SACD's.

Didn't mean to poop in anyone's shoe, sorry if I did, but all I can say is meh. Time to pop in my copy of DV's Ted Nugent's Free For All Quad SACD. Thank you DV.
We had a cat that performed that feat in one of my wife's shoes. My copy of Ted Nugent, along with five other DV quads (Notice I didn't dare challenge GOS's Law this time around) arrived. They will be under the Christmas tree. The total cost was $150...including shipping and PayPal's absurd exchange rate. There are a total of 19 albums on the six SACDs in the batch, including 18 quad albums. That comes to $150 / 19 = $7.89 per album. Much better value than the Revolver box set, which shall remain a non-purchase.

We had a cat that performed that feat in one of my wife's shoes. My copy of Ted Nugent, along with five other DV quads (Notice I didn't dare challenge GOS's Law this time around) arrived. They will be under the Christmas tree. The total cost was $150...including shipping and PayPal's absurd exchange rate. There are a total of 19 albums on the six SACDs in the batch, including 18 quad albums. That comes to $150 / 19 = $7.89 per album. Much better value than the Revolver box set, which shall remain a non-purchase.
I'm glad your cat didn't blame it's cunning stunt on me. 😂. DV is such a tremendous value for the money. I hope their next offering includes Nektar's Down to Earth, Bread's Baby I'ma Want You and BOC's Tyranny & Mutation. Or at least one of them

STILL awaiting my shipment from the UK ...had them shipped priority mail ....wonder what the hold up is! They WERE shipped the day they were released!
Yikes! It'll turn up, stuck in customs?

..... or is it those damn
Dancing Gnome!.gif

Back