Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am wondering if anybody else is having problems with the REO Speedwagon SACD.

I am facing the following issue:

I like to rip all my SACD's, so that I can listen to them from HDD. I have an Oppo 105 and have it all set up to rip the ISO files, I have extracted hundreds of SACD's (I am using a tool called "iso2dsd by SONORE". Then, once I have the ISO files, I am using another tool called "SACD extract". In this tool, I can select if I want to extract the 2-ch or the m-ch content (I like to have my SACD's ripped in DSD/DSF files). This always works fine, but for some reason, when extracting the multi-channel files from the ISO file for the REO Speedwagon SACD, it only extracts the first 9 tracks.

Is this a known problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.
I got all 20 songs to DSF files using the same method with my 103. Don't know why it hasn't worked for you, clean the disc maybe, just in case there's something on it interrupting the read.

O.k., thank you for the quick feedback. I will restart my computer and try it again. And if that doesn't work, I will extract the ISO file one more time.

I hope it will resolve then.

Anyone know if DV are doing a Dec classical quad release? Before I put in an order for these........keep hesitating about mac davis....

By the way, I think the Quad mix on the Ted Nugent is really good, having the different guitar tracks from different speakers.

Is there a Quad mix for the self-titled album from 1975? I am not sure, but that is my favorite Ted Nugent album.

Anyone know if DV are doing a Dec classical quad release? Before I put in an order for these........keep hesitating about mac davis....
Jeffie, check your mail inbox....D~V is overdue for some discrete classical releases. Looking forward to some myself.

Free For All is really a great sounding quad. Like, really good. I have no idea if DV just takes the original quad mix, cleans it up, and spits it out again on SACD, but I have quite a few of their SACD offerings now, and this really is one of the better ones for a rock mix. Predictably, it is a pretty static mix so don't expect a lot of movement in your speakers-- just expect them all to be well utilized. Good separation of the guitars, everything well balanced. Title track and Writing On The Wall, which is basically Stranglehold a year later (edited to reflect that it was actually a year after and not a few years before Stranglehold was released), are the highlights for me for the quad, but the whole album really sounds great, even if the music isn't all that for me at times.

Is there a poll for this? I only see the poll for the old quad LP.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting! I placed my order Nov 1, 2022. I was thinking that the order had been placed at the end of November. I finally contacted them and they are sending out another shipment! Thankfully this sort of thing doesn't happen very often! Great product and great service, I can't wait for the next crop!

I'm still waiting! I placed my order Nov 1, 2022. I was thinking that the order had been placed at the end of November. I finally contacted them and they are sending out another shipment! Thankfully this sort of thing doesn't happen very often! Great product and great service, I can't wait for the next crop!

Well heck, I wondered why I received an extra copy. lol

Sounds like your original order got lost in their system. Using 20/20 hindsight, you should have contacted them sooner. I’m sure you had lots of other things on your plate to deal with. Anyway, good things come to he or she who waits.

While others might be buying more speakers for their Atmos setup which should sound really cool, I'm still picking up the D/V quad SACDs I want in the collection. I just placed another hundred dollar order with some older titles and Ted Nugent as the one newer one. I'm spending cash on media rather then equipment at this point.

Now Ted Nugent is one of the more "hard rock" titles that they (DV) have done. And it hints at the BOC quad album we did not yet get on physical disc, is a very real possibility. Just a year or so ago I thought BOC was a little far out for DV, and now I'm thinking.....

Anyway, hope my order does not get delayed and all goes well like it always has.

Back