SPOTLIGHT Dutton-Vocalion Pop/Rock '70s Quad Reissue Switchboard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out of my comfort zone out of impatience and curiosity. I like Rock The Boat best for a single. But Chet Atkins is my surprise favorite disc. View attachment 58223

Yes, I was also thinking of getting the Chet Atkins disc in my last batch, but that would have made 9 discs which we all know is an odd number and in violation of GOS's law. So it will be in my next batch. Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, I was also thinking of getting the Chet Atkins disc in my last batch, but that would have made 9 discs which we all know is an odd number and in violation of GOS's law. So it will be in my next batch. Thanks for the recommendation.

I wasn't conscious of GOS's law when ordering. All 8 arrived perfectly. Maybe DV could flag the customer when their shopping cart is dangerously unbalanced?

This would maybe be worthless trivia, but I'm super curious if there is a listing of the DV releases (multi-channel) that are in release date order? From a historical standpoint, I just think it would be interesting to see their release schedule by title. I'm so used to seeing DV releasing new products (every few months), that I've totally lost track of time. When did we first figure out that DV were releasing these beauties??

This would maybe be worthless trivia, but I'm super curious if there is a listing of the DV releases (multi-channel) that are in release date order? From a historical standpoint, I just think it would be interesting to see their release schedule by title. I'm so used to seeing DV releasing new products (every few months), that I've totally lost track of time. When did we first figure out that DV were releasing these beauties??

The Quad reissues started in 2016. Dutton/Vocalion's site allows you to do a search of date added (ascending or descending). Unfortunately, it's not possible to seperate the Classical fro the rest but it does give you a good idea nonetheless.

Reactions: GOS
The Quad reissues started in 2016. Dutton/Vocalion's site allows you to do a search of date added (ascending or descending). Unfortunately, it's not possible to seperate the Classical fro the rest but it does give you a good idea nonetheless.

The list is pretty much already in "release order" if you start and stop on the "series".

There are two series, CDLK's and CDSML's. Not sure what each signifies, although I would guess that the CDLK are the easy "listenings", and the CDSML's are the "populars". On the other side, the CDLX are the classicals.

As far as merging them all together and arranging by date of release, well, that's for one of you guys to do. Be my guest and start a new thread if you like.

Reactions: GOS
Yes, that is very disappointing. Classical is not my thing and they do have some really nice stuff on the site. If I didn't have much of the pop titles already on vinyl, I'd buy more. I'm not one to collect multiple formats....just want the tunes. I love the Helen Ready, never available as a quad album, just Q8. And now a multi channel disc! :)

Yes, that is very disappointing. Classical is not my thing and they do have some really nice stuff on the site. If I didn't have much of the pop titles already on vinyl, I'd buy more. I'm not one to collect multiple formats....just want the tunes. I love the Helen Ready, never available as a quad album, just Q8. And now a multi channel disc! :)

fwiw i also already had a number of DVs Quad SACD offerings on the old SQ/CD-4/Q8 formats and in every single instance imho the new SACDs handily topped the original Quad LPs and tapes in every way imaginable.

in some cases the SACDs were a true revelation to me; where the originals were SQ only, such as with The O'Jays "Survival"/"Family Reunion" 2-fer, Johnnie Taylor's "Ear'gasm" and MFSB's "Philadelphia Freedom", the SACDs had the Quad discrete for the first time so i could really appreciate the nuances of the mixes formerly lost to the vagueries of SQ vinyl and the experience made double-dipping completely worthwhile.

Back