Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered two records near Christmas (not from DV) which were apparently sent in seperate packages - cheaper postage - on the same day, UK to UK. Only one of them arrived. The replacement turned up though.

Unfortunately Royal Mail can be a nightmare at Christmas, it seems to depend on which sorting office things go through and how busy/overloaded they are. I had some SACDs from CDJapan which got to the UK ok but got returned to Japan one Xmas! Its the luck of the draw :(. Stuff from Burning Shed in Norwich to me usually takes 3-4 days for about 200miles :mad:@:

Edit: I'm waiting on my Santana "Lotus" SACD from ImportCDs, posted on the 3rd Jan.

Here is the response I got.

Your previous orders have been shipped straight away but Royal Mail during Christmas is nothing but nightmare and some our customers, which placed their orders on the beginning of December are just receiving them. That’s just completely out of order but there are postal services over here sometimes. It must be down to increased security checks and also short staff in the sorting offices – if you’re lucky your packet might squeeze through and arrive at normal time.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

Here is the response I got.

Your previous orders have been shipped straight away but Royal Mail during Christmas is nothing but nightmare and some our customers, which placed their orders on the beginning of December are just receiving them. That’s just completely out of order but there are postal services over here sometimes. It must be down to increased security checks and also short staff in the sorting offices – if you’re lucky your packet might squeeze through and arrive at normal time.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

I noticed that they now offer a higher priced mail shipping option that includes tracking.
Will have to try that on the next SACD order. :)

haha - and in fact, I did choose that option on my order from a week ago. We'll see how that works out. :mad:@:

The description mentioned tracking information with that higher priced option.
You'll have to let us know if that is made available as the shipment nears.

Would also be nice if D/V added a shipment option like UPS, FedEx or DHL (vs. Royal Mail) that provided faster delivery and tracking info at each step of the shipment.

My package despatch notification was on January 5, 2017 (for 3 SACD titles). Ordered from Presto Classical in the UK.

Might as well have lots of patience.

Regards,

Last edited:
I just realized that I ordered on November 30. They charged me on December 1 and I still haven't received them. Time for an email I guess. I'm sure they will be worth the wait but WOW!!

The description mentioned tracking information with that higher priced option.
You'll have to let us know if that is made available as the shipment nears.

Would also be nice if D/V added a shipment option like UPS, FedEx or DHL (vs. Royal Mail) that provided faster delivery and tracking info at each step of the shipment.

I will let everyone know here how the tracking option works out. So far, it would seem that my recent purchase on January 8th has not shipped yet.

There must be some really screwy things going on with mail from the UK to the US.
A fellow member shipped me an SACD from the UK around a month ago, and I still have not received it yet.
Usually in the past, it has taken 1-2 weeks for a package from the UK to reach my apt, and given all the issues US members have had getting these DV SACDs to arrive in a timely manner, it cannot be a coincidence that something is going wrong with mail from the UK reaching the US in a timely manner.

I just got back from London about a week ago. While there, my cousins told me that there had been all kinds of disruptions to the postal service (Royal Mail) resulting in delays and huge backlogs. A brief search online would seem to confirm that.

Jim

I did some poking around on the Royal Mail website and found this information which might be relevant about international service disruptions from the UK:

USA
Start date: Early December
End date: Ongoing

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has recently advised us of operational difficulties at the Chicago port of entry which may result in delay to the delivery of international mail from other countries including some Royal Mail items. US Zip codes affected are, 4xxxx, 5xxxx,6xxxx and 7xxxx. Multiple local logistical and customs issues have resulted in this situation and USPS are working with all concerned to return services to normal. Royal Mail is also doing everything possible to minimise any further potential delay.

We apologise for any delays which are beyond our control and will update this information as soon as we know more.

There must be some really screwy things going on with mail from the UK to the US.
A fellow member shipped me an SACD from the UK around a month ago, and I still have not received it yet.
Usually in the past, it has taken 1-2 weeks for a package from the UK to reach my apt, and given all the issues US members have had getting these DV SACDs to arrive in a timely manner, it cannot be a coincidence that something is going wrong with mail from the UK reaching the US in a timely manner.

I sent your SACD by International Standard Small Parcel at 10:19 hrs GMT 14th December at the same time as posting other items to U.S.A. and to Europe and to England. The items to Europe and to England all reached their intended recipients within a week. None of the items to U.S.A. have reached their intended recipients.

I shall submit a claim to Royal Mail tomorrow (it's Sunday at time of writing). I have no idea what the outcome is likely to be as I have never had to claim previously.

I will let everyone know here how the tracking option works out. So far, it would seem that my recent purchase on January 8th has not shipped yet.

So a few comments. Even though I paid extra for some sort of tracking service, I never received any email notification with tracking, nor when I log into Vocalion and look at my orders does it show shipped or any tracking number.

I emailed Simon at Vocalion and he provided a tracking number...
I pasted that into Royal Mail website and here is what I get.

lmao - not very helpful is it? If that's all the info I get, I'm pretty sure it's FAR from worth what I paid for it. :(

Attachments

• royal mail tracking.JPG
    royal mail tracking.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 162
Oops - guess I provided you all my tracking number. LOL! Oh well, guess you can all watch the progress...like waiting for Santa Claus to cross the northern skies. :confused:

I did some poking around on the Royal Mail website and found this information which might be relevant about international service disruptions from the UK:

USA
Start date: Early December
End date: Ongoing

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has recently advised us of operational difficulties at the Chicago port of entry which may result in delay to the delivery of international mail from other countries including some Royal Mail items. US Zip codes affected are, 4xxxx, 5xxxx,6xxxx and 7xxxx. Multiple local logistical and customs issues have resulted in this situation and USPS are working with all concerned to return services to normal. Royal Mail is also doing everything possible to minimise any further potential delay.

We apologise for any delays which are beyond our control and will update this information as soon as we know more.

so they are blaming it on chicago port of entry? That seems odd. All other Royal Mail packages I received from other vendors seem to show up in good time. It's just these Vocalion shipments that seem to be messed up. At least, that's what I've found...maybe others have trouble with ANY Royal Mail shipments??

This sounds like an excellent time to read those box set booklets you skipped over. It will help to pass the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds a lot like other orders that come via Overseas Mail vs. an express package delivery service like UPS, DHL and Federal Express.
The item is shipped, goes through customs, sent to the desination postal service and then there is a wait of 4 weeks or more before it shows up as heading to your door via US Postal Service.

Back