Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got three (double album) that's equivalent of six cds today. Best of Guess Who, All American Boy and Poco... All discs arrived to Canada in perfect order. No time yet to listen but hope to hear at least one Guess Who tonight and will report back. Slight edit, the Derringer case has a crack in the back no big deal. So far the Guess Who Rocking is outstanding.

Last edited:
Let me ask you a question as I'm late to the game: how does DV let you see the tracking number? I wasn't able to see it in their site and sent a mail to their support with no response so far.
Thanks!
They don't provide a tracking number. Customer service can give it to you if you ask though. They don't provide information like other vendors do. It can also take several days to get a response from them sometimes

Let me ask you a question as I'm late to the game: how does DV let you see the tracking number? I wasn't able to see it in their site and sent a mail to their support with no response so far.
Thanks!
You have to ask for it by email. Every time I order from them, I have to specifically ask for the number. They NEVER send it automatically. That is the one thing I do not like about DV. You'd think that it would be a no-brainer for them to auto send it when the package is shipped. Join the 21st century guys

Honestly...what an effing joke. I paid for tracking with my recent DV order.......and here is the information I get on the tracking. lmao
What the hell?? That really doesn't tell me a thing. What is the "next facility"? haha....jesus.

Tracking History
August 10, 2019

In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
August 8, 2019, 5:32 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 7, 2019, 11:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
August 7, 2019, 3:30 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Honestly...what an effing joke. I paid for tracking with my recent DV order.......and here is the information I get on the tracking. lmao
What the hell?? That really doesn't tell me a thing. What is the "next facility"? haha....jesus.

Tracking History
August 10, 2019

In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
August 8, 2019, 5:32 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
August 7, 2019, 11:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
August 7, 2019, 3:30 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Yeah, I believe that's USPS, not D-V that administers the info; I see that all the time with other outfits.😒

Reactions: GOS
FWIW, I ordered economy with tracking to DC metro the day after the latest slate was announced, and it arrived two days ago. Too busy with a project to get to them though.

Yeah I just got my order of eight, packed 4x2; one case is cracked, however I'm not really that concerned about cracked cases; they seem to be standard CD type cases and I'm a lifer now (hold on 'till I'm in the grave) anyway.:)

I had my last DV order...the January batch of six...sent to the US via Priority with Tracking. Here's is a summarized list of what transpired should any of you choose to do the same on future orders. There were many intermediate steps that I haven't listed.

Order placed: Jan 31
Order shipped: Jan 31 (evening)
Processed thru Langley HWDC UK: Feb 1
Processed thru facility ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS): Feb 3
Departed USPS Regional Facility (New Jersey): Feb 4
Out for Delivery/Expected Delivery: Feb 5

So that is 5 days total for shipping and delivery. Note that tracking on Priority shipping cost me an extra 5 Quid ($6.50). But to me, the peace of mind of knowing exactly where my order was at all times was probably worth it given the value of the shipment.

My last two orders, a 5 pack and a 6 pack both arrived with cracked cases, in the shrink wrap cardboard. All my orders prior, over two years never a cracked case. I think they used a hard box and bubble wrap before?

I just opened this last batch of six. No cracked cases and no broken spindles as @4-earredwonder had reported.

My last two orders, a 5 pack and a 6 pack both arrived with cracked cases, in the shrink wrap cardboard. All my orders prior, over two years never a cracked case. I think they used a hard box and bubble wrap before?
I’ve never gotten a hard box. Hopefully, the cracked cases in your 6 pick is an anomaly(a rare exception to GOS’s Law).

I have come to expect cracked cases...they are the norm. What I don't like is when the paper inserts are damaged by the breaking plastic. Kind of hard to straighten them out etc in a new case. That extent of damage is rare though.

I have come to expect cracked cases...they are the norm. What I don't like is when the paper inserts are damaged by the breaking plastic. Kind of hard to straighten them out etc in a new case. That extent of damage is rare though.

Perhaps it's time D~V switched to MoFi/Japanese style MINI LP PACKAGING ..... to avoid cracked cases and cut down on s/h charges!

But what would that do to the packaging costs? Once its ripped, the packaging means nothing to me, especially for these Quad re-issues.

But for those who don't [yet] rip, cracked cases and damaged inserts are THE PITS! Not to mention the s/h costs WOULD BE GREATLY REDUCED!

But for those who don't [yet] rip, cracked cases and damaged inserts are THE PITS! Not to mention the s/h costs WOULD BE GREATLY REDUCED!
When I'm negotiating price with an overseas seller I often ask for shipping without jewel case.
Depending on the country it can cut the cost in half.
I keep plenty of empty jewel cases on hand.

When I'm negotiating price with an overseas seller I often ask for shipping without jewel case.
Depending on the country it can cut the cost in half.
I keep plenty of empty jewel cases on hand.

Good tip Beefalo, but in the final analysis PLASTIC does eventually become a land fill issue, is delicate, especially over LONG HAULS and as you stated, would greatly reduce s/h costs by switching to Mini LP enclosures...not to mention, take up LESS storage space!

Last edited:
Good tip Beefalo, but in the final analysis PLASTIC does eventually become a land fill issue, is delicate, especially over LONG HAULS and as you stated, would greatly reduce s/h costs by switching to Mini LP enclosures...not to mention, take up LESS storage space!
Shhhh .....But I figured that one out. I manufacture my own jewel cases using melted down plastic grocery bags !!!

Back