Dutton Vocalion Surround SACDs going out of print already???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M Smithers........Mr or Master.......I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two batches of D~V QUAD SACDs. Actually, I've purchased every D~V QUAD since the UK Wizard started releasing them....into the wild. Extraordinary mastering. And so far, no defective discs.

Cracked cases, yes.....every cracked case reminds me of the chip in the Egg from Risky Business. Yes, Mom, that fertilized egg all grown up got laid.

giphy.gif

What to listen to tonight. Have to get up early tomorrow .......appointments .......... but then home free... to listen. George Benson....BODY TALK!

Agree the fidelity of the DV's is just out of the park. But if you're going to dance around like that Monsieur Ralph you really should have some Rock'n'Roll on in the background! If PPL has sold out it shows they can do well with the pop/rock titles. Could it be that one day we get Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night?! Would easily pay 20-25 quid for that! And do a crazy dance! :dance

Agree the fidelity of the DV's is just out of the park. But if you're going to dance around like that Monsieur Ralph you really should have some Rock'n'Roll on in the background! If PPL has sold out it shows they can do well with the pop/rock titles. Could it be that one day we get Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night?! Would easily pay 20-25 quid for that! And do a crazy dance! :dance

Yes... IF D~V released They Only Come Out at Night .... that egg would SHATTER!

broken-window-14504238.jpg

I hope y'all won't come after me with electronic torches and pitchforks if I tell you that Simon from D-V just contacted me to say that I am the lucky winner of the last copy of PPL...

uh oh.. now you've done it! :eek:
the QQ-ers and SHF-ers will soon be baying for ye blood!!!! :devilish:

ps. congrats!! (y)
(what took you so long to get it! ;) )

I hope y'all won't come after me with electronic torches and pitchforks if I tell you that Simon from D-V just contacted me to say that I am the lucky winner of the last copy of PPL...

I note that D-V removed that last disc from Discogs (where it was going for 45 bucks -- I trust you got the regular price!).

There are still two copies in French hands for around 15 bucks each :)

uh oh.. now you've done it! :eek:
the QQ-ers and SHF-ers will soon be baying for ye blood!!!! :devilish:

ps. congrats!! (y)
(what took you so long to get it! ;) )

I've put bars on the windows and double locks on the doors.

Didn't grab it when it first came out because I'm not the biggest PPL fan (and thought I only liked their first two albums). But hearing the Poco two-fer at last made me realize I should really hear this one, too. I've drunk the D-V Kool-Aid!

(And no, to answer @halbroome 's concern: D-V didn't gouge. Regular price!)

Didn't grab it when it first came out because I'm not the biggest PPL fan (and thought I only liked their first two albums). But hearing the Poco two-fer at last made me realize I should really hear this one, too. I've drunk the D-V Kool-Aid!

(y)(y)(y)

At least we know the coveted last copy went to someone who's definitely gonna play the quad layer!

It's a great disc. I particularly like the tune "Harvest" on Two Lane Highway- the chorus has this super cool vocal harmony split between the front and rear speakers ("I walked up and down so many wrong roads..."). The title track is a blast as well with keyboard and guitar solos trading between the rear speakers.

I'm looking at the DV site now and it doesn't even show the PPL disc anymore :eek:

...let the eBay gouging begin

(y)(y)(y)

At least we know the coveted last copy went to someone who's definitely gonna play the quad layer!

It's a great disc. I particularly like the tune "Harvest" on Two Lane Highway- the chorus has this super cool vocal harmony split between the front and rear speakers ("I walked up and down so many wrong roads..."). The title track is a blast as well with keyboard and guitar solos trading between the rear speakers.

I'm looking at the DV site now and it doesn't even show the PPL disc anymore :eek:

...let the eBay gouging begin

no kidding... and it wasn't even billed as a "Limited Edition" like the new Billy Paul's, gulp:eek:

Back