DVD-A Registry

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Found this site. There are pop-ups that my blocker blocked, so I don't know what they are. Probably ads.

Anyway, it's a list of "1235" DVD-Audio worldwide releases, however a quick look will see DADs, MVIs, and other non-DVD-Audio discs mixed in there so it's not perfect.

Once I get my laptop back from repair, I'll add a link to the links page for this site.

Check it out if you're interested: http://dvd-a.info/

Found this site. There are pop-ups that my blocker blocked, so I don't know what they are. Probably ads.

Anyway, it's a list of "1235" DVD-Audio worldwide releases, however a quick look will see DADs, MVIs, and other non-DVD-Audio discs mixed in there so it's not perfect.

Once I get my laptop back from repair, I'll add a link to the links page for this site.

Check it out if you're interested: http://dvd-a.info/

Fantastic !! 83 pages of dvd music releases from 1998 to new upcoming releases later this month.... even includes every silverline release, so you can see the timeline where they flooded the market with mainly garbage.

Thanks Jon, I have it marked. It would be nice if the site administrator would change the list title name since it does include a lot of entries for releases that are DVD-V's. Since a high resolution DVD-V is great and worth noting, I have no problem with inclusion of those titles in the master list.

Chris

I think whoever owns that web page is a member here, or a lurker here. How about taking credit for it? You did a real nice job!!! :D

I think whoever owns that web page is a member here, or a lurker here. How about taking credit for it? You did a real nice job!!! :D

He's a lurker - we had a brief email exchange when I couldn't find "At War With The Mystics" while browsing alphabetically by artist (it was under "The Flaming Lips" while the others were under "Flaming Lips").

I hope he doesn't mind if I quote him: "I'm a member of QQ, but rarely post there... too many audio forums LOL"

Can't argue with him there! I certainly gave him kudos for the good work.

Paul

oh hey ;) thanks for the nice words everyone

Jon - the popups were thrown up by the free web stats thing. I'm thinking of taking it off now.

Paul - I remember that exchange! ;)

It's hard to discern which are purely DVD-As - originally intended to do that but I got busy elsewhere :p so now everything (hirez or surround) is included minus SACDs which I feel is being more than adequately served by sa-cd.net

Today I was fooling around with it and added buy links for stuff not on Amazon, as well as extended title information (click on the + sign after the title) and if we've put in the description it'll show up (e.g Fear of a Blank Planet)

Also added some new and some older titles

Now I'm looking for some place/RSS feed/announcement lists for new stuff. I saw some new DADs on Classic Records and will add them

ALSO, if anyone has some time, please register and you can add some titles yourself :) (HELP!!)

It's completed, finally!

Initially I intended to just focus on DVD-Audios, but there are tons of DualDiscs, DADs, HDADs and now MVI too, so its hirez and/or surround music other than SACDs (see http://www.sa-cd.net for these)

please go along to http://dvd-a.info/

register if you can (allows you to add reviews and new titles) - or just help me rate the releases :)

thanks!

Thanks Josh :)

I recently added some Blu-ray discs with hrez audio.

So during the research, Celine Dion turned up - the ASIN (Amazon catalog ID) for her Live in Vegas disc has to be a coincidence (look in Product Details) :)

Feisal.
Are you also including DVD-Video with DTS and/or Dolby Digital now?
I see the Rush "Snakes & Arrows" title listed, so wanted to confirm this with you.
I will go add a stack of stuff if you like?

Neil,

I added Rush because its an MVI with hirez stereo. There would be too many discs with DD/DTS to manage, but as long as it has a 24/48 2.0 we could list it - I've only added blu-ray discs with a hirez (TrueHD, PCM) track.

(not to mention I love Rush heheh)

If you have a lot of discs to add, it would be much less cumbersome to just send me an Excel sheet :)

Feisal.

Will do.
The discs I have in mind all have at least a 24/48 LPCM and a DTS 5.1.
Are we also talking including 24/48 (or greater) Stereo only?
As far as Blue formats go, any disc with DTS-HD MAS should also be included as this is also a lossless format.

Someone ought to try & compile a definitive Multichannel list somewhere - this would have to include even simple DD 5.1.
A full list should include all forms - the main thing being multichannel musical content of some description

Hey Neil

I was looking through bluray releases and did not see a disc DTS-HD MA though. feel free to add when you find them

stereo-only 24/48 seems the norm for a lot of DualDiscs and the emerging (soon to die?) MVI format *grrrr*

I've been thinking about that multichannel list - sent you an email

Someone ought to try & compile a definitive Multichannel list somewhere - this would have to include even simple DD 5.1.
A full list should include all forms - the main thing being multichannel musical content of some description
(y)

And maybe include a simple grading system that describes its mix style i.e. ambient, immersive or immersive/aggressive (aggressive meaning it has moving elements).

It's now on the QQ links page, in case folks want to find it quickly in the future. Sorry it took so long.

(y)

And maybe include a simple grading system that describes its mix style i.e. ambient, immersive or immersive/aggressive (aggressive meaning it has moving elements).

thats interesting - I did a simple one for dvd-a.info just ambient vs aggressive, but we could have two separate sliders :)

It's now on the QQ links page, in case folks want to find it quickly in the future. Sorry it took so long.

thanks Jon :)

not to worry - releases are unfortunately few and far between :(

Site update:

I put on a RSS feed from HTR - then noticed that the last DVD-A related article was dated 2006 :(

so now I've taken it off and built a digg-type news aggregator; I'll update this whenever some hirez news turns up, but if anyone hears of amything they can let me know (or sign up and help me add the news :) )

cheers

Site update:

I put on a RSS feed from HTR - then noticed that the last DVD-A related article was dated 2006 :(

so now I've taken it off and built a digg-type news aggregator; I'll update this whenever some hirez news turns up, but if anyone hears of amything they can let me know (or sign up and help me add the news :) )

cheers
Hey Feisel - how about RSS? That would really keep us up do date.

Back