DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resurrecting this thread to post about some surround discs I've been really hungry to get for a long time!

Here's my top sought-after discs:
1) Roxy Music "Avalon" SACD
2) Bryan Ferry "Boys & Girls" SACD
3) Mark Knopfler "Sailing to Philadelphia" CD/DVD-A

I find the Mark Knopfler disc is particularly difficult to come across online. The other two a little less so, but the prices are sky high! :confused:

Unfortunately we've all got those holes in our collections. I've got all three of the ones you're missing, but I still need to find affordable copies of:

1. Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh
2. Simple Minds - Once Upon a Time

The search continues! :ebay

Unfortunately we've all got those holes in our collections. I've got all three of the ones you're missing, but I still need to find affordable copies of:

Oh yeah, I'd like those two as well while we're at it! ;)

Hold out for Number 2 on your list, please don't pay inflated OOP prices. I can't say anymore but trust me it'll be worth the wait.. your wallet will thank you! :)

Resurrecting this thread to post about some surround discs I've been really hungry to get for a long time!

I find the Mark Knopfler disc is particularly difficult to come across online. The other two a little less so, but the prices are sky high! :confused:

They've been fairly expensive for a while but prices on these three right now are utterly ridiculous... I've got my nose to the ground for you.. I can't see 2 & 3 getting a reissue anytime soon but Avalon has got to be a distinct possibility if the upcoming Roxy Music 5.1's get that far..

They've been fairly expensive for a while but prices on these three right now are utterly ridiculous... I've got my nose to the ground for you.. I can't see 2 & 3 getting a reissue anytime soon but Avalon has got to be a distinct possibility if the upcoming Roxy Music 5.1's get that far..

Really? I could fathom a reissue of "Boys & Girls" happening. It is the 30th anniversary this year, and now that UMe has picked up Virgin's catalogue, maybe a reissue on HFPA Blu-Ray is just what is needed!
I do agree that I also do not see a reissue of "Sailing to Philadelphia" happening anytime soon, unless of course AF release it as an SACD, but even then, I would still prefer to get the original as I prefer CD/DVD-A over SACD. :)

I have an extra copy of Mark Knopfler "Sailing to Philadelphia" CD/DVD-A. Would prefer a trade rather than an outright sell, but one way or another I should be able to put it in your hands. Please PM me with items you would consider trading.

For those who are looking for Keb Mo Just Like You SACD....here is a chance...if you have skills...take a shot...especially you folks across the pond
This one is in my top ten favs, usually goes in the $80 range; and I scoped this seller out yesterday, has a bunch of nice stuff on the Auction block.

For some reason, there are currently a slew of DVD-A titles on Ebay right now. ?For example, I saw Simple Minds for $40 or so. Reasonable from what I have seen previously. Someone or several people liquidating their collection(s)?

Back