DVD Audio Extractor now supports Blu-Ray !!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used DVDAE with a bluray before, but I think it was an unencrypted disk. Those are very rare.

Just to let you know (as many here do), you can use free tools to get your BDs to lossless audio/video files with DTS-HDMA, TrueHD, Atmos etc. 4K HDR or 1080p video. No need to buy a DVDAE license.

That's true - I've already got a DVDAE license tho so this at least means I don't have to juggle between two apps.

Also DVDAE has some tagging/encoding/downmixing features e.g. MakeMKV doesn't have.

I've already got a DVDAE license tho so this at least means I don't have to juggle between two apps.

I haven’t updated my DVDAE for quite a while. Does the latest version decrypt BDs directly? The older versions of DVDAE couldn‘t decrypt BDs, you needed another app like MakeMKV to decrypt first (I.e you needed to juggle between two two apps).

I haven’t updated my DVDAE for quite a while. Does the latest version decrypt BDs directly? The older versions of DVDAE couldn‘t decrypt BDs, you needed another app like MakeMKV to decrypt first (I.e you needed to juggle between two apps).
Yep - that's what I have been doing for years.

I haven’t updated my DVDAE for quite a while. Does the latest version decrypt BDs directly? The older versions of DVDAE couldn‘t decrypt BDs, you needed another app like MakeMKV to decrypt first (I.e you needed to juggle between two two apps).
No it still doesn't decrypt directly and you still need another app - like MakeMKV - to decrypt.

Last edited:
Yep - that's what I have been doing for years.
DVD-AE does NOT have (and never has had) the ability decrypt the vast, vast majority of BD discs.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post to say "yes, I have been using it for years to decrypt" rather than "yes, I've I had to decrypt with another app for years"...

I will have to give this a try. But can anyone tell me which is better for ripping DVD-A and BR-A, DVD-AE or Make MKV?
DVD-AE will rip a DVD-A or DVD-V. For a BR, I use MakeMKV to rip an unencrypted copy to the hard drive and then DVD-AE can generate flacs from the copy. I"m hearing there's a one step process for BRs around, but I don't know what it is.

DVD-AE will rip a DVD-A or DVD-V. For a BR, I use MakeMKV to rip an unencrypted copy to the hard drive and then DVD-AE can generate flacs from the copy. I"m hearing there's a one step process for BRs around, but I don't know what it is.
Am I right in assuming MakeMKV will only decrypt Blu-rays and DVDs to full backups and not DVD-Audio discs?

I think you are correct, BD and DVDV only. Foobar200 will decrypt DVDAs and convert to FLAC etc (free).

I use AnyDVD HD to decrypt blu ray and DVD Audio Extractor to rip them - essentially an easy one step process. And of course I use DVD Audio Extractor to rip DVD or DVD-Audio discs, Been doing this for years.

I use MakeMKV (along with MKVToolNIX) for backing-up Blu-ray Audio discs. And DVD-Audio Explorer 2008 for backing-up DVD Audio discs.

To re-encode multi-channel LPCM audio to FLAC I use an application called UsEac3To.

I believe DVDAE has done this for over a year now. I have done a lot of Blurays using it. It doesn't seem to care about copy protection but DVDFab makes an exact copy of the disc with protection removed if required. I mostly make mkv files using Makemkv though. MKV TOOLNIX is good if you have to do some manipulation of the resulting mkv.

I believe DVDAE has done this for over a year now...
How does just over 10 years grab you....

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Back